Pre-Game Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Pre-Game Saturday

Hoov50

Starter
Four of us are going to the game Saturday. We play on leaving around 9 which would get us to Syracuse around 10:30-45. In the past we would go to Lucy's or Faegan's for some pre-game drinks. Saturday due to the large crowd and timing of the game we aren't sure what the best course of action is and are looking for suggestions.

Here is what you may need to know in order to make a suggestion(s):
-four people total
-usually park in one of the $20-25 lots, but open to other options
-want a place to drink but also have lunch or close to a place to have lunch
-we are willing to stake out a table and sit for the duration
-I realize all places will be crowded, but the least amount of people the better
-we are all in good enough shape to walk at least a little ways

What do you guys think? Anyone have a great plan they would be willing to share? I would keep it a secret if you wish! :)

I'll be at the Red Fox Bar and Grill at 11am (Alaska time)
Lots of places to sit, lots of beer, lots of TVs
I know you said you are in good enough shape to walk a bit, but I wouldnt recommend it. You should prolly plan on taking a plane. A fast plane. Can you rent a space shuttle?

Hope this helps. Good luck!

3 words for you, Lookers lunch buffet (18 and over obviously).

Haha. I will be going with my sister, my brother-in-law and one of our female friends. So that may be a little awkward.

I'll be at the Red Fox Bar and Grill at 11am (Alaska time)
Lots of places to sit, lots of beer, lots of TVs
I know you said you are in good enough shape to walk a bit, but I wouldnt recommend it. You should prolly plan on taking a plane. A fast plane. Can you rent a space shuttle?

Hope this helps. Good luck!

While I don't have access to a space shuttle or super fast plane, my wife's aunt and uncle live in Alaska. Do you live close Kenai?

While I don't have access to a space shuttle or super fast plane, my wife's aunt and uncle live in Alaska. Do you live close Kenai?
That would be awesome if you could land in Syracuse on a Space Ship.

You could always park in Armory Square and grab lunch there and then cab or drive up the hill to Faegans or somewhere nearby for the rest of the time before the game.

You could try Danzers on Ainsley Drive...the ride from there to Manley and the shuttle shouldn't be too bad. You'd be sneaking up from a less traveled direction. The shuttle bus might be a problem?

Haha. I will be going with my sister, my brother-in-law and one of our female friends. So that may be a little awkward.
Well, if the girls don't mind...;)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Nah, I'm up in Fairbanks

I will say tho... I'm a little disappointed in your lack of space shuttle access...

Nah, I'm up in Fairbanks

I will say tho... I'm a little disappointed in your lack of space shuttle access...

Haha. So am I. My life would be so much more exciting if I had access to a space shuttle!

I recommend that you visit them. Kenai is a great place even if the local wolves have fleas. Time your visit for dip netting in the kenai river, home to some of the worlds largest king salmon. If you win the lottery buy a fancy house on the slope overlooking Homer and put a big boat in the harbor.

I recommend that you visit them. Kenai is a great place even if the local wolves have fleas. Time your visit for dip netting in the kenai river, home to some of the worlds largest king salmon. If you win the lottery buy a fancy house on the slope overlooking Homer and put a big boat in the harbor.

It is in our plans. My daughter just turned 7 months old so it may be a few years, but definitely in our plans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom