Predict the OL for 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Predict the OL for 2019

bnoro

Lurker
With the preseason depth chart now released, we can finally start to zero in on where our biggest positional battles will be for this season. Far and away the biggest question mark on this year's roster is the offensive line.

1st Team:
Vettorello, Heckel, Servais, Adams, Red
2nd Team:
Tisdale, D. Davis, Vettorello, D. Davis (again), Alexander
Unlisted:
Bergeron, P. Davis, Froumy, Duerig, White, Clark, Chandler (W/O), Kisselstein (W/O)

I think we see one of Tisdale/Alexander starting when the season comes around, and personally I believe Qadir cracks the two deep as well.

My prediction for Liberty:
Vettorello, Heckel, Servais, Adams, Alexander

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree with Boss - Servais, D. Davis, Heckel, Adams, Alexander.

I think the equally critical thing here is that we have competency enough to rotate guys. The staff had 3 starting guards last year - Heckel was able to spell Roberts and Adams consistently. Is there anyone who fits the mold this year? It seems like the staff has faith in Vettorello, but how much? Will he get snaps?

Depth is critical - we can't expect our line to stay healthy for a third straight season.

I agree with Boss - Servais, D. Davis, Heckel, Adams, Alexander.

I think the equally critical thing here is that we have competency enough to rotate guys. The staff had 3 starting guards last year - Heckel was able to spell Roberts and Adams consistently. Is there anyone who fits the mold this year? It seems like the staff has faith in Vettorello, but how much? Will he get snaps?

Depth is critical - we can't expect our line to stay healthy for a third straight season.
I've heard a lot of good noise about Vettorello, even going back to when the whole situation happened with Sampson. The staff really, really liked him and I think he'll do everything in his power to win a starting spot.

I'm not completely sold on Servais as a tackle, especially protecting TD's blindside.

hard to believe that they would start a true freshman at RT, although having a 6-3 Alexander play tackle in the ACC will be rough.

LT - Alexander
LG - Davis
C - Heckel
RG - Adams
RT - Servais

I've heard a lot of good noise about Vettorello, even going back to when the whole situation happened with Sampson.
What happened between Vetto and Sampson?

Can we talk about Red for a minute? When was the last time a true freshman was listed as a starter at the tackle position at the start of camp? Even if he gets supplanted by an upperclassman, he must be highly regarded by this staff? Right? Bodes well 1-2 years from now IMO.

This is what I think will happen in actual practice, not what I think will be listed on the depth chart on opening day.

1st Team:

Servais, D Davis, Heckel, Adams, Alexander
2nd Team:
Tisdale, Froumy, Vettorello, P Davis, Red

Can we talk about Red for a minute? When was the last time a true freshman was listed as a starter at the tackle position at the start of camp? Even if he gets supplanted by an upperclassman, he must be highly regarded by this staff? Right? Bodes well 1-2 years from now IMO.

While this is a premature depth chart, all I've heard is that Red is a freak who the staff really, really likes. Might take a year or two, though. They have the time to let him develop.

"Red, I need to see you for a minute... "

Seems like the staff really wants to keep Servais at center. He’s likely just cross training each spring at tackle.

Im going with
LT Alexander
LG Davis
C Heck
RG Adams
RT Serva

Tisdale and Davis in the mix
We have 7 for 5 spots vit and red may need another year
Thx CT. Is Tisdale going to work at RT? Also Tommy did an outstanding job at media days. What a well spoken person. Total leader and class act. We are very fortunate to have him representing Syracuse.

Tisdale and Davis in the mix
We have 7 for 5 spots vit and red may need another year

Good to hear. I think that when it all comes to fruition, Vet and White will also be in that mix.

Thx CT. Is Tisdale going to work at RT? Also Tommy did an outstanding job at media days. What a well spoken person. Total leader and class act. We are very fortunate to have him representing Syracuse.
Thank u he has to slow down a bit but he was excited a bit

Coleman was
That’s a hell of a stage to be on. I woulda been nervous as hell. Hey both killed it.
Coleman was so so well spoken ! The hardest part is watching what u say not only not to offend an opponent but more so a teammate and by that it could be as simple as saying which we is standing out and than you go back to your apartment and you WR
roommate is mad you didn’t Mention him .
For me I’d love some smack talk about up coming opponents, ratings would boom
But someone would have to take the heat and break the barriers. Don’t worry it won’t be my son . He comes home Tuesday I can’t wait. Looks like August 2nd they will hit the field