Preseason 25 plus One ranking by Gary Parrish | Syracusefan.com

Preseason 25 plus One ranking by Gary Parrish

We are the one. #26. Good to get some preseason recognition. Looks like we are the 7th best ACC team. Here is my prediction: All his SEC teams he has highly rated. Not going to happen!!!

2018-19 college basketball rankings: Why Villanova has fallen out of the top 5 of the Top 25 (and one)

Nice to see. I'm also pretty optimistic and I'm not one that always is as evidenced by my 17-14 iggy prediction last year and I only said that because I just couldn't predict a losing season.

Should be an interesting season. We have a tougher schedule than last year. A lot depends on the improvement on our guys and the new guys.
The questions, every year:
1.) Whose roster is better (worse)?
2.) How well will the new combinations play together?

Way back when B. Knight was still at Indiana, he gave an interview where he mentioned that one of his favorite things about college hoops was the mystery that surrounded each season. Who got better, who didn't. How much are you going to miss your graduates. How much are your freshmen going to help . Lots of roster turnover--and that was before one-and-done.

I think, vis-a-vis the rest of the ACC, the Orange are more favorably positioned. But, that's on paper.

The team appears more well-rounded and balanced than last year. Assuming everyone stays healthy, we should be better.

"Play in" to the Field of 64 worked out for us pretty well last year. Maybe play in to the Top 25 works out for us this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom