Preseason AP and Coaches Polls.. | Syracusefan.com

Preseason AP and Coaches Polls..

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Preseason AP and Coaches Polls

48 teams received a vote in the Preseason AP Poll and 49 in the Coaches Poll. Syracuse was not one of those teams. That's right, not even a single vote! Obviously the team will need to use this as bulletin board material. At what point do the Voters realize that no matter how bad they think it will be, JB's floor has been a bubble team. To be a bubble team, you have to be in the Top 35-ish of teams. Yet not one single damn vote. Lack of respect for the Legend.

:vomit:

We don’t deserve a vote. This team is from Missouri they must “Show Me” and the media to get ranked.

I am just going to sit back and enjoy the season. As next year is when expectations will be real. This year just get a winning record and be a bubble team.

Syracuse ended last year #85 in the RPI and 55 in Pomery. And then lost, what, five of the top six players? (Lydon, White, Gillon, Roberson, Thompson). I don't think unranked is an insult to anyone.

This.

Preseason AP and Coaches Polls

48 teams received a vote in the Preseason AP Poll and 49 in the Coaches Poll. Syracuse was not one of those teams. That's right, not even a single vote! Obviously the team will need to use this as bulletin board material. At what point do the Voters realize that no matter how bad they think it will be, JB's floor has been a bubble team. To be a bubble team, you have to be in the Top 35-ish of teams. Yet not one single damn vote. Lack of respect for the Legend.

:vomit:

I always amused by the lack of logic in these posts.

If you don't think we are a top 25 team, why are you expecting a voter to make a questionable or bad pick?

At this point in the pre-season, voters can only depend on a line they draw from last year's team. "Here's what they had" and "here's what they lost" seems to be the baseline. Then they add in their PERCEPTION of the strength of the incoming players.

SU fans were given an education on the benefits and downsides of Grad transfers last year. It really is like Forest Gumps "box of chocolates, especially for players coming into JB's rather unique system.

Almost all of the judgements of the incoming freshmen is based on rumors, impressions and performance of these guys against other high school players.

I am having a hard time assessing how effective this team is going to be given the SNHU's level. But I, for one, am very encouraged. I think the poll voters have got it wrong.

You can't give JB this much size and basic talent and not expect the team to make some noise as the year progresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom