Pretty Amazing ESPN Stat on Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Pretty Amazing ESPN Stat on Syracuse

anomander

Living Legend
"Saturday was the 7th time this season Syracuse was tied, or trailed with 5:00 or less to go in regulation. The Orange have outscored their opponents by 43 the rest of the way, and their opponents are 6 for 49 from the floor, and 1-19 from three point range."

Our end of game defense clamps up like no other. This is no coincidence. Pretty amazing

The ability to close out wins is a lot like the ability to finish. It's critical to have, but it's difficult, if not impossible to teach. It requires a mindset that's based on something along the lines of, "I will do it. It will be ME!" Some kids have always had it (Melo, Ennis), others learn it along the way. All you can really do is keep on a.) pushing the same message about making the right decisions, believing in yourself and your teammates, and b.) putting kids in position to succeed. It doesn't always happen the way you want it to, but it's beautiful when it happens.

Also, SU has wound up with more points than the opposition at the end of every game! It's a major reason why we are 25-0.
Nothing gets past you! I like seeing your comedic side after enjoying you analysis posts. Keep it up!

Also, SU has wound up with more points than the opposition at the end of every game! It's a major reason why we are 25-0.

Great point! Never thought of that.

"Saturday was the 7th time this season Syracuse was tied, or trailed with 5:00 or less to go in regulation. The Orange have outscored their opponents by 43 the rest of the way, and their opponents are 6 for 49 from the floor, and 1-19 from three point range."

Our end of game defense clamps up like no other. This is no coincidence. Pretty amazing

We really are an intense defensive team, and our adjustments to clamp down on shooters is excellent.
Not sure of ESPN's metrics, but Duke had 5 or 6 3-pointers after the 5 minute mark of a very tight game.

Couldn't help but notice the USAF logo. You still in?
No, I have been out since 2000. I still love the Air Force and what we did and they still do. I love the military in general, too, but an Air Force first fan.

We really are an intense defensive team, and our adjustments to clamp down on shooters is excellent.
Not sure of ESPN's metrics, but Duke had 5 or 6 3-pointers after the 5 minute mark of a very tight game.

We were not tied nor did we trail Duke at the 5:00 min mark of the 2nd half. We were not tied until Sulaimon hit a 3 with 48 sec to go. Then he it the 3 at the buzzer, which is probably represents the 1-19 from 3 in the ESPN stats

More points than the opposition at the end of the game is perhaps the most under-rated statistic of all.

We were not tied nor did we trail Duke at the 5:00 min mark of the 2nd half. We were not tied until Sulaimon hit a 3 with 48 sec to go. Then he it the 3 at the buzzer, which is probably represents the 1-19 from 3 in the ESPN stats
Yes but OT only has 5minutes.. and Duke hit 2 or 3 3's in OT to start it off and took the lead from us I believe

No, I have been out since 2000. I still love the Air Force and what we did and they still do. I love the military in general, too, but an Air Force first fan.

Nice. I just retired from the Air Force. It was a great 20 years, but glad to be done. Gonna be strange in a civilian job. Go Cuse!!

Yes but OT only has 5minutes.. and Duke hit 2 or 3 3's in OT to start it off and took the lead from us I believe

The stat says last 5 min of regulation. Very specific stat.

The stat says last 5 min of regulation. Very specific stat.
The stat didn't imply 5 minutes of regulation to 0:00 of regulation. It said at the 5:00 mark to the rest of the game.

Nice. I just retired from the Air Force. It was a great 20 years, but glad to be done. Gonna be strange in a civilian job. Go Cuse!!

All the best in your transition. Happy retirement, too!

Civilian life is tough, they expect you to work without blowing stuff up when your suppliers fail to deliver on time and clients cancel orders or calling in an air strike to motivate your employees and/or take out competition.* Once you get used to it, it is survivable, though.

Glad to have you on the board. There are several Veterans on here and couple other USAF Vets in particular.

* Just kidding guys. If we could do that, a few certain schools would no longer exist. We will not mention any names so as to not offend Rutgers, Ped State, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom