Pretty awesome photo gallery from ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Pretty awesome photo gallery from ESPN

Had to laugh during the game how Fisher was wearing a warm up jacket and the Aztec players were all wearing long sleeve t-shirts under their jerseys. That California life sure doesn't toughen one up against the weather at all. SDSU obviously thought it was cold. It was in the 60's. Thin blooded people not toughened by CNY weather like we are. JB was wearing a short sleeved shirt and our guys wore just jerseys with only James and Baye wearing short sleeves under their jerseys.

furthermore.. maybe it's not all about sight lines and being comfortable. Is our military comfortable? Do they have nice lines of sight from 5,000 miles away? now if there were clouds and less wind it could have been an epic blowout that they gave us credit for being better. Anyway it's not always all about college basketball.

furthermore.. maybe it's not all about sight lines and being comfortable. Is our military comfortable? Do they have nice lines of sight from 5,000 miles away? now if there were clouds and less wind it could have been an epic blowout that they gave us credit for being better. Anyway it's not always all about college basketball.

Umm....what?

Very true because this was not close to college basketball. As someone else said there are many ways to honor our troops other than this aberration. Forgive me but I detested this exhibition. And if its not about Bball why send our Bball team there? And this is from someone who has sent a care package each month to Afghanistan.

Was it flawed? Of course. But still a very cool experience for all involved. And these pictures are incredible.
i
i

Very true because this was not close to college basketball. As someone else said there are many ways to honor our troops other than this aberration. Forgive me but I detested this exhibition. And if its not about Bball why send our Bball team there? And this is from someone who has sent a care package each month to Afghanistan.

It was a fun event, nothing more. For the future, I like the idea of doing an 8 or 16 team event in Germany. Like the Maui Classic or similar but at a base like the Yukon-MSU game. You could do one in Germany and/or one in Japan. We have huge bases with many troops stationed in both places. Travel costs and complications would be substantially higher, but it is a true slice of home for deployed troops and would be in indoor, controlled conditions.