Problematic Glare at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Problematic Glare at the Dome

SU94

Starter
Don't live in NY, but I am generally pleased with what is happening with Dome redo. Well done ADJW!

This is a nit to pick, but not in love with the glare the appears on the middle of the basketball court (and along the sideline along the benches).
Seems like they are both coming from ribbon boards.

I think it is something that the Athletic Dept. should look into and make the proper adjustments (they might be busy today shoring up the football coordinators!).
It makes the game a harder watch on TV and it inadvertently mutes the color "pop" that should come watching a SU game. We are the Orange after all.

Yes, $$$ rules the day, but this should be addressed.
Does this bother anyone else watching in TV land?

1670595992944.png

you see it on many places that have bright ribbon boards. Imagine if we had more glass walls like many want what it would look like.

Yes I've noticed it. It is a downgrade in the TV viewing experience for sure.

On this note, the one that blows me away is places that have a white object in the backdrop of the baskets from the TV angle. The most egregious example is Vanderbilt where they have white or golds stars in the corners. Those stars align exactly with the baskets such that they completely wash out the net and make much harder to tell when shots go in. Since they have never bothered to correct this simple thing (which doesn't even make them money), I assume most places don't really care about how the court looks on TV which is admittedly very odd, but there you are.

memorialgym.jpg

My blood pressure is usually too high during games to even notice. I think I nitpick more at the camera angles. I hate when they are too high and away and I hate when they are too zoomed in.

Don't live in NY, but I am generally pleased with what is happening with Dome redo. Well done ADJW!

This is a nit to pick, but not in love with the glare the appears on the middle of the basketball court (and along the sideline along the benches).
Seems like they are both coming from ribbon boards.

I think it is something that the Athletic Dept. should look into and make the proper adjustments (they might be busy today shoring up the football coordinators!).
It makes the game a harder watch on TV and it inadvertently mutes the color "pop" that should come watching a SU game. We are the Orange after all.

Yes, $$$ rules the day, but this should be addressed.
Does this bother anyone else watching in TV land?

View attachment 222954
Never noticed.
I did notice the ‘skylight effect‘ of the transparent part of the dome when they showed that angle today. Thought it was ‘odd,’ but that it maybe gives sort of an outdoor effect. I dunno. Hard to tell, sometimes, what is accentuated through a lens, vs in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom