Proof in the pudding | Syracusefan.com

Proof in the pudding

Orangefan1

All Conference
Palm obviously knew ahead of time that we weren't in and it's consistent with what Boeheim discussed with NiT guy. I am shocked that this isn't being discussed more. What a horrible cover up ny the NCAA.

I'm shocked what possibly something told in confidence was revealed.

I'm shocked what possibly something told in confidence was revealed.
Yeah I mean for all we know this kind of stuff is shared often but is kept close to the vest. I'm surprised how open JB was with it - especially considering it was from a long time friend.

At first JB was ambiguous and said "I got the sense" but then doubled down and said "he told me"

Palm obviously knew ahead of time that we weren't in and it's consistent with what Boeheim discussed with NiT guy. I am shocked that this isn't being discussed more. What a horrible cover up ny the NCAA.

Cover up? That a week beforehand the NCAA said they would be out and then Syracuse goes on to go 0-1 in Brooklyn thereafter?

I've, you know, heard more scandalous coverups.

Or maybe

1. Be reasonable and understand we were right on the line, with many historically bad things on our resume. It could have went either way. The run by Rhode Island likely did us in.

2. Take time to understand ALL the primary factors and that these have existed each year, applied each year, and this was not a case of inconsistency. It was never 100% about quality wins. That is a big factor but has never been the only factor.

3. Don't assess the selection based on what you think should be the factors they consider, but what they have actually published as factors for consideration. Also understand there is no scale or score for each factor so there will be judgment.

4. Take time to understand that our resume was extremely different than last year.

5. Understand it was reasonable someone could have told JB we could be NIT bound given our 2-11 road record. That doesn't mean we were out, just that we were on the line and might actually have to win.

6. OK Jerry Palm was in on the conspiracy. What about the other 80% of the matrix. Were they in on the conspiracy as well?

7. Then take off the homer goggles and breathe deeply.

No conspiracy.

Last edited:
upload_2017-3-14_22-16-57.png

This is not exactly "smoking gun material"... quite a few ... the committee determined before the week that they might be going to the NIT. The committee was concerned about the 2-11 record before last week. Oh my, this is shocking stuff.

Apologies for being cranky. Without being a dick, I just don't think this is proof of a coverup.

Tough work week, and I want to take some time off.