Proposed 3-way trade would send Wes to | Syracusefan.com

Proposed 3-way trade would send Wes to

So, what would Minneapolis get in that trade?

So, what would Minneapolis get in that trade?
Cap space to sign . Get ready to say hello to Masha.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

masha12-1.jpg
kirilenko_funny.jpg

to the Sun and Hak to the Hornets

Wes and Hak
That's great to hear! Now no SU guy will be stuck in Minnesota on one of the worst organizations in the league. Wes needs a new home and will do well in Phoenix. If Hak would ever play D he could be a really successful player in the NBA. Hope he does well in NO.

I think Minny is a playoff team next year. They'll be fighting it out with the likes of Utah for that last spot.

not sure how good this is for Wes . . . Adelman seemed to be behind him, and Wes turned a corner the second half of the season

On the other hand, Phoenix currently has just Mike Beasley and Jared Dudley at SF and Shannon Brown at SG, not exactly a murderers row of wings to beat out for playing time . . . if Wes really did turn the corner, then he should be able to claim a rotation spot in Phoenix.

I think Minny is a playoff team next year. They'll be fighting it out with the likes of Utah for that last spot.
Here are the Vegas Odds for winning the NBA championship and the two conferences as of 7/17. It will be interesting to see when they update it what the odds will be for teams like Minnesota and the Knicks.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

Future Odds
NFL · NBA · MLB · NHL · NCAAFB · NCAABK · GOLF · AUTO · BOX/MMA

Odds to win the 2012-13 NBA Championship
Team Odds
Miami Heat 2/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 3/1
Los Angeles Lakers 8/1
San Antonio Spurs 8/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1
Boston Celtics 20/1
Brooklyn Nets 25/1
Los Angeles Clippers 25/1
Indiana Pacers 25/1
Dallas Mavericks 30/1
Memphis Grizzlies 30/1
Houston Rockets 30/1
New York Knicks 40/1
Denver Nuggets 40/1
Atlanta Hawks 60/1
Philadelphia 76ers 60/1
Orlando Magic 60/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 75/1
Portland Trail Blazers 75/1
Utah Jazz 75/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 100/1
Phoenix Suns 100/1
Sacramento Kings 100/1
New Orleans Hornets 100/1
Golden State Warriors 100/1
Milwaukee Bucks 100/1
Toronto Raptors 100/1
Charlotte Bobcats 100/1
Detroit Pistons 100/1
Washington Wizards 100/1

Odds to win the 2012-13 NBA Eastern Conference
Team Odds
Miami Heat 5/8
Chicago Bulls 4/1
Indiana Pacers 8/1
Boston Celtics 8/1
Brooklyn Nets 10/1
New York Knicks 15/1
Orlando Magic 25/1
Atlanta Hawks 25/1
Philadelphia 76ers 25/1
Milwaukee Bucks 40/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 40/1
Washington Wizards 50/1
Detroit Pistons 50/1
Toronto Raptors 50/1
Charlotte Bobcats 50/1

Odds to win the 2012-13 NBA Western Conference
Team Odds
Oklahoma City Thunder 7/5
Los Angeles Lakers 7/2
San Antonio Spurs 7/1
Los Angeles Clippers 11/1
Dallas Mavericks 13/1
Memphis Grizzlies 13/1
Houston Rockets 13/1
Denver Nuggets 18/1
Utah Jazz 30/1
Portland Trail Blazers 30/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 30/1
New Orleans Hornets 40/1
Golden State Warriors 40/1
Sacramento Kings 50/1
Phoenix Suns 50/1

Odds provided by .ag
Updated Tue, July 17, 11:00 AM ET

not sure how good this is for Wes . . . Adelman seemed to be behind him, and Wes turned a corner the second half of the season

On the other hand, Phoenix currently has just Mike Beasley and Jared Dudley at SF and Shannon Brown at SG, not exactly a murderers row of wings to beat out for playing time . . . if Wes really did turn the corner, then he should be able to claim a rotation spot in Phoenix.

Yeah. I wonder too. Maybe RF can chime in but whenever I saw him play in MIN he was standing in the corner not doing anything. I don't know if those were the plays designed or him just being timid. He has been quoted saying that he needs to be more assertive. Where are the baseline plays for him? Lobs, backdoors, etc. Something to take advantage of his quickness and springs.

Yeah. I wonder too. Maybe RF can chime in but whenever I saw him play in MIN he was standing in the corner not doing anything. I don't know if those were the plays designed or him just being timid. He has been quoted saying that he needs to be more assertive. Where are the baseline plays for him? Lobs, backdoors, etc. Something to take advantage of his quickness and springs.

I'm not going to lie--despite living in Minneapolis, I barely pay attention to the Timberwolves. What I have seen over Wes's first two years is similar to what you observed. He's been forced to play the 2 [not his natural position], which in Adelman's system calls for him to camp out on either wing and wait for a kick out off penetration. As we all know, Wes can't really put the ball on the floor and create off of the bounce unlike a lot of wings--so he's never going to be that kind of player who will face up and drive, regardless of whether he's at 2 or 3. Hence the perception that he just stands around and shoots jumpshots.

He started last season atrociously. But he rebounded and had a much better / more effective second half of the season, shooting the ball more consistently. But in addition to rediscovering his three point marksmanship, he also started to get into a groove in transition [one of his strengths, running the floor] and on offensive rebounds that led to scoring opportunities.

Kid is athletic as hell. Needs to get a bit stronger and do more to utilize his physical tools. He's too good of an athlete to be a stationary jump shooter.

As for whether Minnesota versus Phoenix is a better situation, not sure on that front. Minnesota is a train wreck of an organization; wouldn't remotely surprise me to see them lose Love sometime in the next 2 years [he's already stated recently that he is tired of losing, and if the team doesn't make the playoffs then he is going to reevaluate whether he wants to stay]. I'm happy to see any SU player escape the gravitational pull of that team.

Phoenix has a lot of new personnel, so it is hard to know where Wes would fit in. Would like to see him get an opportunity to garner more minutes, preferably at the 3, to get his sea legs and help him gain some confidence. The good news is that he's had a fairly good summer, so he's positioned well for next season.

WES was the worst starter in the NBA...if you believe in PER
but if you partial out the last 35 games, his PER was above 15 - not great, but a tremendous improvement

and his defense was good and improving, as well.

As for whether Minnesota versus Phoenix is a better situation, not sure on that front. Minnesota is a train wreck of an organization; wouldn't remotely surprise me to see them lose Love sometime in the next 2 years [he's already stated recently that he is tired of losing, and if the team doesn't make the playoffs then he is going to reevaluate whether he wants to stay]. I'm happy to see any SU player escape the gravitational pull of that team.
not to hijack the thread, but I was talking to a Laker fan who is obnoxiously obsessing about how the Lakers will certainly end up with Dwight Howard. I told him that I think the team would be better off sticking with Bynum and setting themselves up to get Love in 2 years, when he will be entering the final year of contract and the Lakers will have a boatload of cap space - everyone but Nash (and Bynum if they re-sign him) comes off the books in two more seasons.

While Minnesota is not the strongest organization in the league, I think it's a better place than Phoenix. Adelman is a proven coach and Rubio is the type of PG that should help an athletic wing like Wes.

Yes, Kahn has made some baffling moves but a former agent runs the Suns and Robert Sarver's refusal to spend $ has crippled the team. I don't see them returning to prominence any time soon.

The only things Phoenix gets are Wes and a future first rounder . . . so, the question is, do the Suns see something in Wes that makes him valuable to them, or did Minnesota simply pay them a first round pick to take him off their hands?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom