Props to this team for what they've done so far. | Syracusefan.com

Props to this team for what they've done so far.

Flacusian

All Conference
I know the season is not over and in fact, hopefully there are many games ahead and Syracuse will be the last team standing. "With the Louisville game approaching and it being the last regular season game I've gotten to thinking about just how incredible this season has been so far and the unbelieveable accomplishment of both the Coaching staff and the players.

Reading the 29-2 post earlier today highlights what the perception was of this teams prospects for success for the season and I'm sure that although some people aspired toward a season of 29-2 few actually believed that this team was capable of getting there. As it stands we will be expected to handle Louisville this weekend and I'm sure most here believe that had we had the services of Fab Melo we very well might have made it to 30-0.

To be where we are currently with a team that contained zero projected pre season 1st team all big east players, much less any pre season All Americans and only 2 returning seniors is nothing short of unbelieveable. Factor in the distractions of the Fine mess and it really is incredible. Scoop Jardine deserves props for providing leadership and having matured and sharpened his game and decision making while making the most of his abilites. KJ has also had an outstanding season and oftentimes when one looks at his numbers at the end of a game you are surprised that he put up what he did. For JB to have managed and coached this team in the fashion he did with the pressure he must certainly has been under, makes him Coach of the Year in my book regardless of what the national noodnicks say.

I live in Florida and I have been wearing all my Syracuse regalia to the point of it becoming threadbare this season and this team has made me proud as ever to be a diehard Syracuse fan. In spite of the endless scrutiny of the players by many of us here on the board throughout the season they have all contributed in their own way to making this a very, very special team. After having witnessed all that they have accomplished so far this season it would be impossible for me not to believe that they can take this thing all the way to the title game and prevail over whoever is unlucky enough to be our opponent. I know that we will win because this group has a special intangable element which constitutes the will to win and in the words of Dion Waiters, "IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!"

Good post.

Now wait for the "anything short of a title will be a bitter disappointment and render this season meaningless" crew to show up.

Good post.

Now wait for the "anything short of a title will be a bitter disappointment and render this season meaningless" crew to show up.
Perhaps we can provide a link which will take them directly to the Syracuse.com message board.

On top of everything, it has been a remarkable season on the court [in terms of the unprecedented regular season success] and for what transpired OFF the court.

The Bernie Fine situation, ESPN's sensationalism of the incident, the uncertainty of whether our icon coach deserved to be fired for his response, and the Fab Melo temporary suspension is a LOT of drama for any team.

Pretty damn amazing that they were able to overcome and persevere.

I know we all want this team to make the final four and win the championship but going back to when Eric,Andy,AO,Paul then Scoop,Rick,Donte,Flynn,Wes,KJ,James. Maybe Donte wasn't that far off maybe premature because of unforseen injuries to Eric and Andy but i really believe the 21-14 would have been closer to 29-7. Last 4 years are pretty good.

Good post.

Nobody said that.

Anything short of a great 8 would be a disappointment.

And if you do not think that, you don't know what it means to be a #1 seed.

Do you own a 20 - 0!!!! Shirt?

29 wins is pretty cool and all, but anything short of a title will be a bitter disappointment and render this season meaningless

I always think the round of 16 is a huge accomplishment. Even this very good team will need a few bounces to go their way to make the FF.
That being said, I sure wouldn't bet against us vs. any other team heads-up . Let's Go Orange!

Nobody said that.

Anything short of a great 8 would be a disappointment.

And if you do not think that, you don't know what it means to be a #1 seed.

Do you own a 20 - 0!!!! Shirt?
For the record, I do understand the seeding process and am expecting a deep run from this team based on what I've seen this season. And yes, I will be disappointed if this team falls short of a regional final. I'm just not a "championship or bust" guy because so much has to fall into place for any team to win a single elimination tournament like this.

And I'm shirtless.