Prosepects of Southerlands return: | Syracusefan.com

Prosepects of Southerlands return:

Flacusian

All Conference
So it would seem that today's development begs 2 questions:
1. Will Southerland be able to rejoin the team?
2. When might he be able to do that?

The possibility may exist that he has an incomplete which can be remedied or is it a situation such as failed courses which cannot be remedied in which case he is done for the year. Certainly at some point some facts will emerge which will shed some clarity as to what the situation is.

The possibility may exist that he has an incomplete which can be remedied or is it a situation such as failed courses which cannot be remedied in which case he is done for the year. Certainly at some point some facts will emerge which will shed some clarity as to what the situation is.
Only a guess about this. Wouldn't have been on the bench if it was a slam dunk case if he failed a course. If it is true that failing a course has no way back on the team this season, why would he even be allowed there?

I am hoping that it is an ongoing process, something he has a chance to remedy.

I'm playing amateur shrink but James didn't look like a guy who was in jeopardy of not playing the rest of the year.
Same thought but do you remember Fab at Alpha phi? He didn't seem like a guy on the verge of blowing our season.

Same thought but do you remember Fab at Alpha phi? He didn't seem like a guy on the verge of blowing our season.
Except Fab doesnt seem wired too tightly. Regardless of this transgression, James doesn't strike me as a moron... Immature sure but not a guy capable of getting concussed by a hotel room door.

Except Fab doesnt seem wired too tightly. Regardless of this transgression, James doesn't strike me as a moron... Immature sure but not a guy capable of getting concussed by a hotel room door.
Like you haven't had a door knock you out. Of course with the girls of Alphi Phi, maybe we would have been smiling as well even if we were ruled out.

I'm playing amateur shrink but James didn't look like a guy who was in jeopardy of not playing the rest of the year.

Yeah, on the bench he didn't look very worried, oddly enough. Maybe it isn't as bad as we think it may be?

Fab didn't seem too worried all the nights he was at Chuck's when he was ineligible.

I agree. He did not look morose or disheartened.

Again James isn't fab.

Right and wrong. James isn't as important to this team as fab was. In that you are right. James is Ineligible. Unless he gets his together...here you are wrong.

Right and wrong. James isn't as important to this team as fab was. In that you are right. James is Ineligible. Unless he gets his **** together...here you are wrong.
I meant they are different people. I wasn't referring to their impact on the court.

what was said in the post game press conference? Southerland's body language during the game certainly didn't look like a kid that had played his last game at SU.

what was said in the post game press conference? Southerland's body language during the game certainly didn't look like a kid that had played his last game at SU.
JB said he can't talk about it. he coaches the guys who are allowed to play.

Fab didn't seem too worried all the nights he was at Chuck's when he was ineligible.
that dude knew he was going pro. James is auditioning for anyone that would possibly take him.

All someone needs to do is ask James what the deal is. He's a public figure and an adult. Do you hear me mike waters and Donna Ditota?

All someone needs to do is ask James what the deal is. He's a public figure and an adult. Do you hear me mike waters and Donna Ditota?
Privacy issues. You are wrong.

I just hope we don't end up with another deal like last year where Fab came back and then we got the surprise right before the tournament. If he is gone for good, let's find out now and work with what we have

I've never been 7' tall before, but I can imagine I might occasionally forget to duck when going through a door frame, especially in unfamiliar surroundings. For the rest of us non-giants — no one's ever stubbed a toe on something we knew was there?

Why would facts emerge? We still only know rumors of what happened with Fab last year. Unless Southerland comes out and announces the facts we may never hear them.

I'm seeing the doughnut. James was on the bench, looking happy- therefore his chances of a return soon are good. If it is a paper or he needs to take a re-test then this might be the only game he misses. I do wonder how this happens though- there are people who know these guys grades and, pesumably, their academic situation- wouldn't they be pro-active and have stuff like this resolved before it becomes an issue?

I'm seeing the doughnut. James was on the bench, looking happy- therefore his chances of a return soon are good. If it is a paper or he needs to take a re-test then this might be the only game he misses. I do wonder how this happens though- there are people who know these guys grades and, pesumably, their academic situation- wouldn't they be pro-active and have stuff like this resolved before it becomes an issue?
This could be a blessing in disguise. I know Grant and Cooney are chomping at the bit to get out there, Coleman looked like he wanted to assert himself at certain times. I don't think Southerland will be out for the year either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom