proud Grandpa | Syracusefan.com

proud Grandpa

stuckinbig11

All American
I went to my older granddaughter Anna's game tonight. Her A.C. Reynolds team beat Asheville High School 62-60. Asheville had been 18-0 and ranked fourth in the state for the largest class 4A schools. Anna is a 5'6" junior guard and was assigned to play man-to-man on the Asheville star--a 6' agile senior with Division 1 scholarship offers that started coming in when she was a freshman. Anna face-guarded her and bodied her up; she kept her from getting the ball and totally shut her down in the first half. So, in the second half, to get her the ball, they began having the star bring it up court after Reynolds scored. So Anna countered by picking her up on the in-bounds and forcing her to give it to someone else to bring up court. At the very end, Asheville got a defensive rebound down 2 with 10 seconds left. They rushed downcourt and a guard attempted a 3 for the win--Anna blocked it, game over. I have been grinning all night.

What a great story! You will fall asleep smiling tonight.

Back in my day, there were no girls’ sports. We couldn’t even wear pants to school in the winter. In Wisconsin!
Yup same here in Syracuse.

Somewhere we have pictures of my grandmother (who would be over 100, if alive) playing 6 person basketball for Phoenix (NY) High. Kind of a combination of lacrosse and basketball. Half the squad had to stay on either side of half court, making it 3 vs 3. Hard to fathom some people here went to school without women’s sports.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom