Proud of the whole team | Syracusefan.com

Proud of the whole team

Louie and Bouie

Starter
Settling in at the hotel after a long day at MetLife. Beautiful day for a game (after a forecast of possible T-storms), great tailgaiting and a very nice Cuse turnout (much more than expected based upon all of the negative posts about MetLife games). A great venue for a game and an excellent college atmosphere for gameday.

Unfortunately we didn't get the W and that hurts alot but to be in that game in the 4th quarter and to have the ball at the 45 with the last possession and a chance to win was all i could have asked for before kickoff. I, seemingly in the minority, was proud of the way the team fought and represented the University. I'll tell you that a majority of the PSU fans were glad as hell they got a W and many congratulated our group at the effort of our boys on the field. They didn't think that we would put up the dogfight we did and they said it looks like our program is back.

While i understand certain frustration with playcalling, execution, drops, missed throws, etc. this post is not about the X's and O's. It's about our program and imho, we are continuing to move in the right direction and this team and program needs the support of its fanbase in good times and bad. We win together and we lose together. The negativity all over this forum is disconcerting and i hope cooler heads prevail and we can continue to support this team this year with a hint of positivity to balance all of the whining and saturday night quarterbacking.

GO CUSE! BEAT NORTHWESTERN!

Settling in at the hotel after a long day at MetLife. Beautiful day for a game (after a forecast of possible T-storms), great tailgaiting and a very nice Cuse turnout (much more than expected based upon all of the negative posts about MetLife games). A great venue for a game and an excellent college atmosphere for gameday.

Unfortunately we didn't get the W and that hurts alot but to be in that game in the 4th quarter and to have the ball at the 45 with the last possession and a chance to win was all i could have asked for before kickoff. I, seemingly in the minority, was proud of the way the team fought and represented the University. I'll tell you that a majority of the PSU fans were glad as hell they got a W and many congratulated our group at the effort of our boys on the field. They didn't think that we would put up the dogfight we did and they said it looks like our program is back.

While i understand certain frustration with playcalling, execution, drops, missed throws, etc. this post is not about the X's and O's. It's about our program and imho, we are continuing to move in the right direction and this team and program needs the support of its fanbase in good times and bad. We win together and we lose together. The negativity all over this forum is disconcerting and i hope cooler heads prevail and we can continue to support this team this year with a hint of positivity to balance all of the whining and saturday night quarterbacking.

Good post. The game was rough, no doubt, but there were flashes of excellence on offense and the defense played well.

It's difficult to see "fans" throw specific players and/or coaches under the bus after the 1st game of the season; especially when there was soooooo much "new" to the team.

Harsh criticism would be more appropriate should the problems persist in the next few games.

Go Orange!

You win some, you lose some. I'm not going to analyze. It was a great college atmosphere at a pro venue. Looking forward to next week.

Hey, nice post. I'm not sure that this is going to be a popular sentiment given the loss today, but I think it is the correct perspective.

I also agree with the post in this thread that suggests that if we're still bungling our offensive execution after 3 or 4 games, then more pointed criticism is definitely warranted.

But today, given what I saw on D and some flashes on offense against a pretty good defense, I think some guarded optimism IS warranted for this season. Liked what I saw on defense. And if the O ever figures things out and gets somewhat in sync, we can get to a bowl.

Regardless, I'll be there next week @ Northwestern, rooting like hell.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I will point out that last year, our offense looked equally abysmal against Minnesota, and we know how things turned out in terms of offensive production in 2012.

Not saying we will see the same production but yeah, as frustrating as this was, it's way too early to throw in the towel.

I liked a good bit of what I saw today against a good team. I was really hoping we'd pull it out and don't like the notion of moral victories but am pretty optimistic going forward. New coaches, new offense, new QB, etc. made for some sloppiness, but was happy that AB got good chances and think he'll really help us. The coaches have lots of data to review and hope their familiarity will help them to be good at making adjustments. I was hoping to use my 1000th post to celebrate a victory, but we made a good showing and am proud of the team's effort. Hardnosed for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom