PS: Can Syracuse's Paschal Chukwu return after lost season? (SU player evaluations) | Syracusefan.com

PS: Can Syracuse's Paschal Chukwu return after lost season? (SU player evaluations)

i didn't realize that he managed to block 2 shots per game. Impressive considering his limited minutes.

He seems reasonably athletic for his height but appears to lack the basketball IQ on how things flow on both ends. If he can understand his role and positioning he can be effective. His attempt to add weight and muscle last year didn't pan out well so I'm not expecting him to return any bigger but perhaps stronger

He seems reasonably athletic for his height but appears to lack the basketball IQ on how things flow on both ends. If he can understand his role and positioning he can be effective. His attempt to add weight and muscle last year didn't pan out well so I'm not expecting him to return any bigger but perhaps stronger
I agree, but maybe he didn't appear to know what was going on was due to his not being able to see. I was a bit dissappointed in his play last year, but understanding what the issue was, I am going to give him a pass with regard to his on court play. As you mentioned about his adding weight. It is crucial that he puts on some good weight. Hopefully he can do that.

No mention whatsoever of the attempt to get a medical exemption for this past year. These articles are essentially useless.
I don't think he'll get one. The sixth year is really a tough get unless the injury is something that has caused lost games over two seasons.

i didn't realize that he managed to block 2 shots per game. Impressive considering his limited minutes.
Well he had 1 block against South Carolina and 0 against Wisconsin. The rest came in games we won by 20+. Him and Howard put up the majority of their positive stats against nobodies.

Defense looked to be the problem early on. Slow in the half-court (expected), fully lost in transition (like I've never seen before).

But he seemed savvy on the offensive end, used glass and had good hands. I was pleasantly surprised, though I didn't and don't expect that we'd feature him at all.

I hope he's healthy for his sake. If so, and if he can button up the defense a bit, he'd be an asset. Would be fun to watch him and Thompson on offense together.

Maybe it has happened in the past but I don't recall past articles stating that players had to put weight on in very specific areas - like they named the legs thighs and butt I think. Comments generally about getting stronger, that's par for the course, this is pretty specific though!

I just don't think he moves all that well. The article makes a good point that he needs to play as many games as possible before the season starts. I know 72 is an asset but from watching video Sidibe seems to move and defend much better. Imo, he's more of a natural baller.

Maybe PC gets the customary start and Sidibe plays minutes. Does anyone think Sidibe is ready?

Based on various comments, scouting reports, and tape, it would not surprise me to see Sidibe and Pikachu get a Forth/McNeil like combination of minutes (minus a deduction for any time that T^2 gets there).

Based on various comments, scouting reports, and tape, it would not surprise me to see Sidibe and Pikachu get a Forth/McNeil like combination of minutes (minus a deduction for any time that T^2 gets there).

If Sidibe is any sort of capable I don't see 72 getting much time at all, not with TT able to play the 5.

At this point whomever is better is going to get playing time, 72 at the 5 or MM at the 4 and TT players wherever is needed. This could be our worst year ever....

If Sidibe is any sort of capable I don't see 72 getting much time at all, not with TT able to play the 5.

At this point whomever is better is going to get playing time, 72 at the 5 or MM at the 4 and TT players wherever is needed. This could be our worst year ever...
This is my view of the center position as well. I'm really hoping Sidibe is ready. It gives us flexibility at the forwards. We lose a ton of offense but I'm optomistic that we will have a longer more athletic zone this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom