PS: McDonald, Shafer pleased with progress from Syracuse football's young tight ends | Syracusefan.com

PS: McDonald, Shafer pleased with progress from Syracuse football's young tight ends

No mention of Batten at TE. I wonder if they switch him to DE?

If they are using Moore at TE, along with Provo the Younger, it makes sense to put Batten at DE, a position of fairly acute need. Tis' unfortunate though...I have been dreaming of SU having a really agile and athletic TE for many years now. Might have to wait a bit longer now.

If they are using Moore at TE, along with Provo the Younger, it makes sense to put Batten at DE, a position of fairly acute need. Tis' unfortunate though....I have been dreaming of SU having a really agile and athletic TE for many years now. Might have to wait a bit longer now.

Sugar Bear?

Sugar Bear?
I think Sugar Bear is going to be a really good TE for us, but I think he is going to be a possession type receiver. Don't think he is going to be a deep threat, like Batten could have been (heck, might still be). That is what I am pining for...

"The Orange also brought in true freshmen Kendall Moore (also an offensive tackle) Aaron Batten and Tyler Provo to add depth to a position that graduated two contributing players from last year (David Stephens and Carl Cutler)."

Is he even on campus yet to be mentioned more than that?

"The Orange also brought in true freshmen Kendall Moore (also an offensive tackle) Aaron Batten and Tyler Provo to add depth to a position that graduated two contributing players from last year (David Stephens and Carl Cutler)."

Is he even on campus yet to be mentioned more than that?
I either missed that OR the PS edited the article after I initially read it.

As you can see from the posts following mine, it looks like others may have noticed the same omission I mentioned. Maybe the author went in and corrected it after reading this board. ;-)

We seem to know more about the team's personnel than the cub reporters at the P-S. :D

interesting Max Belieau insight in the comment section from the reporters. I had not heard backstory.