PS: Syracuse football record book: Best performances in Orange history | Syracusefan.com

PS: Syracuse football record book: Best performances in Orange history

The three performances that stick out in my mind - that I saw - are Walter Reyes against Notre Dame in 2003 - Diamond Ferri against BC in 2004 and Ryan Nassib against NW in 2012.

I am still surprised and disappointed that Walter Reyes did not make it at the next level.

The three performances that stick out in my mind - that I saw - are Walter Reyes against Notre Dame in 2003 - Diamond Ferri against BC in 2004 and Ryan Nassib against NW in 2012.

I am still surprised and disappointed that Walter Reyes did not make it at the next level.
That was an outstanding performance that day.

I love this picture.

20975425-standard.jpg

He was an excellent college RB, but I just don't think he had the explosiveness and athleticism for the next level. And if I remember correctly he struggled with injuries his senior year.

He was an excellent college RB, but I just don't think he had the explosiveness and athleticism for the next level. And if I remember correctly he struggled with injuries his senior year.

I think you're right that injuries must have played a role.

But I'm not sure I have ever seen a Syracuse University running back who had as many breakaway runs as Walter did during his time on the hill.

His 2003 season was very special.

I think you're right that injuries must have played a role.

But I'm not sure I have ever seen a Syracuse University running back who had as many breakaway runs as Walter did during his time on the hill.

His 2003 season was very special.

I only know from 1991 forward, but I think he was clearly the fastest RB I've ever seen for SU. Deceptive too, looked like he was gliding, but I don't recall him ever being caught from behind.

Anyone else notice how many were set against our old friends Rutgers?

Anyone else notice how many were set against our old friends Rutgers?

Rob Moore called playing Rutgers a "stats game" - put up big #'s in like 2.5 quarters, then all the reserves get in and get to get some run too. :cool:

NC State fumble aside, how about Dee Brown for most underrated career on the hill (since let's say late 80s when I really started following closely)? I'm sure there are plenty of candidates but I'd guess most here wouldn't put brown on their top 5 rbs of the past 20 years yet he's 8th in career rushing yards, was a really good blocker and was selected in the sixth rd of the nfl draft. That's a pretty impressive resume.

Last edited:
NC State fumble aside, how about Dee Brown for most underrated career on the hill (since let's say '93 when I really started following closely)? I'm sure there are plenty of candidates but I'd guess most here wouldn't put brown on their top 5 rbs of the past 20 years yet he's 8th in career rushing yards, was a really good blocker and was selected in the sixth rd of the nfl draft. That's a pretty impressive resume.
We had some good running backs

Dee Brown
James Mungro
Walter Reyes

Kirby Dar Dar
Malcolm Thomas
Kyle and Ian McIntosh

Fullbacks
Rob Konrad
Kyle Johnson

We had some good running backs

Dee Brown
James Mungro
Walter Reyes

Kirby Dar Dar
Malcolm Thomas
Kyle and Ian McIntosh

Fullbacks
Rob Konrad
Kyle Johnson

Not sure if quite put dar dar in there and Ian McIntosh was a DB primarily. But DC3 and Brinkley were excellent and guys like gulley, smith, Rhodes and Bailey had 1,000-yard seasons for the most part. Lots of good backs in that span.

Michael Owens and David walker were great backs too. Lots of rbs.

amazing how high on the WR yardage list Williams was, even with the one year expulsion and getting the boot halfway through his last year. Huge talent, pea brain.

Page 4 brought some memories, (most receiving yards in a game):

- Boston College covered Scott Schwedes with a linebacker. Bad idea.

- I don't think Nassib and Lemon were ever more surgical than at Missouri.

- Tyree had 229 yards but Ernest Wilford had 279 for the Hokies in SU's 50-42 3OT winn, one of the greatest games in Dome history but one that could be a precursor to what we're about to see.

- 96 of Harrison's 213 yards came on one play. It was a coach's dream- a a goal line stand and McNabb to Harrison for the whole enchilada.

Great days and more to come...

Last edited: