Pugh: I know this has been asked a couple of times already... | Syracusefan.com

Pugh: I know this has been asked a couple of times already...

RF2044

Living Legend
...but has there been any timetable specified for his return? Sounded like he had an outside chance to return for the NW game, so I'm wondering when he'll return to the lineup.

I can see it two ways: if he's ready, one option would be to try to find him some playing time this weekend against Stony Brook just to shake off some of the rust, and get the OL some snaps with him in the lineup so that they are on the same page.

Another option would be not to play him this week to give him another week to recuperate from the shoulder surgery.

Hoping he's ready to go by Minnesota, but his long term health / availability is more important, given how relatively well the OL is performing in his absence.

...but has there been any timetable specified for his return? Sounded like he had an outside chance to return for the NW game, so I'm wondering when he'll return to the lineup.

I can see it two ways: if he's ready, one option would be to try to find him some playing time this weekend against Stony Brook just to shake off some of the rust, and get the OL some snaps with him in the lineup so that they are on the same page.

Another option would be not to play him this week to give him another week to recuperate from the shoulder surgery.

Hoping he's ready to go by Minnesota, but his long term health / availability is more important, given how relatively well the OL is performing in his absence.
I agree...don't think you'll see him until Minny.

Any word on Raymon? God, I hate the way the NCAA phuques with kids!

I would go with option 2. Minn will be a pivotal game for us this year to make sure we are 2-2 headed into BE play. I would imagine that he will be ready to go by then. No sense in rushing him back this week if he isn't at least 90%.

Pugh was on schedule to be back for Pittsburgh. If he can be ready to go 2 weeks early, that would be a bonus.

They should get the final word on Raymon this week.

If Pugh is cleared to play and is 100% I don't see why you wouldn't play him for a few series this week. Shake some rust off. If another week off would bring him from 90% to 100% they will sit him until Minnesota I think.

I agree...don't think you'll see him until Minny.

Any word on Raymon? God, I hate the way the NCAA phuques with kids!

From last week, the NCAA said they would rule on Raymon this week. I would hope we know by Thursday.

Rahme will also keep on top of the Pugh situation, so I bet we hear in the next day or two.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pugh get some time against SB if he's ready. Just to get him some reps, get him in the flow, give Hickey some time at RT to get acclimated there.

From last week, the NCAA said they would rule on Raymon this week. I would hope we know by Thursday.

Rahme will also keep on top of the Pugh situation, so I bet we hear in the next day or two.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pugh get some time against SB if he's ready. Just to get him some reps, get him in the flow, give Hickey some time at RT to get acclimated there.
Good info, thanks Chip

Great idea regarding Pugh. Having him back at LT and moving Hickey to RT really solidifies the o-line. The play at RT tackle, although I thought Andy played well last week, has been the weak link so far. Breslin destroyed Big Lou.

A really reliable source told me yesterday a decision on Raymon will be announced today.

A really reliable source told me yesterday a decision on Raymon will be announced today.
Were you being served lunch at the time you heard this really reliable source?

I still don't understand the basis for Raymon requesting a waiver. I'm going to predict thumbs down.
I agree, it seemed like a "what the hell, lets give it a shot" kind of thing.

If Pugh is doing better than expected I suspect Minny at the earliest. Raymon is probably a thumbs down just like RF2044 says as it makes no sense on the waiver.

I still don't understand the basis for Raymon requesting a waiver. I'm going to predict thumbs down.

Rahme said it had nothing to do with some of whats been speculated here - which has been a young child. These are hardship waivers involve some sort of family health issues, injury or financial hardship.

The UVA/Arkansas kid was cleared and he has an 'ailing' father - whatever that means.

ESPN article says the the NCAA approves about half of all hardship waivers.

Rahme said it had nothing to do with some of whats been speculated here - which has been a young child. These are hardship waivers involve some sort of family health issues, injury or financial hardship.

The UVA/Arkansas kid was cleared and he has an 'ailing' father - whatever that means.

ESPN article says the the NCAA approves about half of all hardship waivers.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong about Raymon!

If his playing time would be similar to Walls and Jones, does it really matter?

It's two games in!

And I thought I had read that Raymon was ahead of them. He's still practicing. We're not going through this season only playing 3 DTs.

It's two games in!
Exactly and we have yet to play the run-oriented teams on our schedule, i.e. UL, Uconn, ru.

Does anyone know if Walls has actually played? I know he had conditioning issues. I've seen King but not Walls.

I was saying it half-jokingly, but am a bit surprised how little they played at USC considering how tired the d seemed at the end.