Purdue vs Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Purdue vs Michigan

I like both teams. Michigan no turnovers first half. They lose Zak Ervin, DJ Wilson, and Walton from last year...no problem. Lose out on Tyus Battle? No problem. They are only a half away from repeating as Big Ten champs.

They look like a Final 4 threat, for the past month they have. Then again the Big 10 is awful. But they look very strong nonetheless

They might be awful (not really) but them, MSU, and Purdue are all legit F4 threats.

Michigan is well coached, don’t turn it over, are sound enough on both ends, enough shooting, and enough size/inside scoring to go pretty far as they usually do.

The Big Ten was crap in the nonconference.
There top teams aren’t as tested as the other top conferences.
Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue are all good but don’t see any in the Final Four.
Purdue has the best shot to make it because of their post scoring.

They might be awful (not really) but them, MSU, and Purdue are all legit F4 threats.

Michigan is well coached, don’t turn it over, are sound enough on both ends, enough shooting, and enough size/inside scoring to go pretty far as they usually do.

All three teams you mention are legit and OSU is solid but it goes downhill fast after that. Michigan really impresses me

I like both teams. Michigan no turnovers first half. They lose Zak Ervin, DJ Wilson, and Walton from last year...no problem. Lose out on Tyus Battle? No problem. They are only a half away from repeating as Big Ten champs.
That team passes so well - wonder how Tyus would have been if he went to Michigan.

I love this Michigan team though, they're an Elite 8 at the very least team.

That team passes so well - wonder how Tyus would have been if he went to Michigan.

I love this Michigan team though, they're an Elite 8 at the very least team.

Yup. I wonder that as well. They lost a LOT of their offense and leadership last year. Impressive and they are better on D this season.

Love how Michigan’s offense revolves around sharing the ball. I have a real soft spots for teams that pass the ball well. Just my opinion- Purdue is too Haas centric on offense.

Love how Michigan’s offense revolves around sharing the ball. I have a real soft spots for teams that pass the ball well. Just my opinion- Purdue is too Haas centric on offense.
I agree Purdue was today but normally they share the ball better. Michigan is playing well right now. They are one of the teams I really like going in

Agreed on both fronts. Love Michigan’s style of ball. Haas is excellent but also a giant. He gets tired and struggles to get back as one would expect if a team can push the tempo. Sometimes Mathias gets trigger happy and plays too much hero ball as well.

Belien is a great coach.

Yup. Think about how many premature losses they have endured in recent years. They generally don’t recruit to the level Syracuse does. Stauskas, Trey Burke, DJ Wilson, McGary, Hardaway Jr., Tyus Battle flipping, etc. Those are all losses Beilein and the staff did not expect to lose so soon. Yet, they don’t miss a beat.

Yup. Think about how many premature losses they have endured in recent years. They generally don’t recruit to the level Syracuse does. Stauskas, Trey Burke, DJ Wilson, McGary, Hardaway Jr., Tyus Battle flipping, etc. Those are all losses Beilein and the staff did not expect to lose so soon. Yet, they don’t miss a beat.

If you don’t count 2015 where they didn’t make the NCAA’s or 2016 when they were in the play in game and lost in the first round. I really like Beilein by the way.

If you don’t count 2015 where they didn’t make the NCAA’s or 2016 when they were in the play in game and lost in the first round. I really like Beilein by the way.

I think one of those years they had some devastating injuries. Season ending ones to LeVert and maybe Walton too. Not sure.

Yup. I wonder that as well. They lost a LOT of their offense and leadership last year. Impressive and they are better on D this season.
Michigan fan here. Battle would have done well at Michigan if he bought in. Beilein's offense takes awhile to learn and he's a stickler for fundamentals and attention to detail. Tim Hardaway, Jr. might be a comparison. He was a three star coming into Michigan with some athleticism and a decent three point shot. He left as a first round pick and is averaging 17ppg for the Knicks. I haven't followed Battle that much at Syracuse, but I suspect that he's doing well.

I think one of those years they had some devastating injuries. Season ending ones to LeVert and maybe Walton too. Not sure.

Unlike our healthy group :p

Yep. LeVert actually missed most of two seasons with foot injuries, and Walton was hobbled for an entire Big Ten season; we did not make the NCAAs. Spike Albrecht, who had two bad hips, played PG through the pain that season and averaged 35 mpg. BTW, Battle's de-commitment likely cost Michigan 5 star Josh Langford, who committed to MSU while Battle as still committed to Michigan.

Michigan fan here. Battle would have done well at Michigan if he bought in. Beilein's offense takes awhile to learn and he's a stickler for fundamentals and attention to detail. Tim Hardaway, Jr. might be a comparison. He was a three star coming into Michigan with some athleticism and a decent three point shot. He left as a first round pick and is averaging 17ppg for the Knicks. I haven't followed Battle that much at Syracuse, but I suspect that he's doing well.

Yup. I think that’s why they usually improve later in the season. The system takes a while to learn offensively as it is pretty detail oriented like you say. Battle is a ball dominant ISO guy. Very good athlete. Streaky 3-point shooter and 2-point shooter but can get buckets in a hurry. Can get to the rim against most defenders. He showed more ability to create for his teammates in high school but Syracuse this year is very limited offensively and we have bigs/forwards who can’t catch or finish.

My brother did two degrees at UM so I follow them pretty closely. This Teske is good!!

Yup. I think that’s why they usually improve later in the season. The system takes a while to learn offensively as it is pretty detail oriented like you say. Battle is a ball dominant ISO guy. Very good athlete. Streaky 3-point shooter and 2-point shooter but can get buckets in a hurry. Can get to the rim against most defenders. He showed more ability to create for his teammates in high school but Syracuse this year is very limited offensively and we have bigs/forwards who can’t catch or finish.

My brother did two degrees at UM so I follow them pretty closely. This Teske is good!!
We don't do much ISO. Lots of high ball screens, pick and pop, spread the floor to open up driving lanes. A lot of drive and kick it if help comes. Teske has been solid defensively and rebounding all season; this was a breakout game for him scoring-wise. Beilein has him for two more seasons.

One difference for UM this season is lockdown defense. Currently 6th best defensive efficiency in the nation. Dangerous team if they keep their focus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom