Pushing the envelope | Syracusefan.com

Pushing the envelope

SWC75

Bored Historian
I heard a radio discussion today of the number of different streaming services that have brought the rights to MLB games to try to get fans to subscribe to their service and the cost of having to subscribe to so many services to get everything you want to see. This expanded into a discussion of the cost of everything these days and the host, (I didn't get his name: it was a national ESPN show), said that every entrepreneur has the right to 'push the envelope' to see what people will be willing to pay for something and still buy the product or service. "Nobody knows what is too much until you reach the limit."

That's very true but I do think there's a cost to pushing the envelope. People will find they can live without something or that there are other things to do and they may not come back to what you provide if you force them away with price increases or additional complications in obtaining a product. You can't just say "Oops! Sorry... let's go back to last year's prices" and expect all your customers to come back immediately.

I have a feeling that when a team's schedule is on a dozen different streaming services, the combined audience that team will play to will be less than it is now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom