Putting this out there | Syracusefan.com

Putting this out there

No. Just saw this was posted on ESPN a few hours ago. Doesn’t name any of the assistant coaches in the allegation.
I just read that too. How can it not make you wonder? It sounds like Georgia is in some trouble here. I'd like to think our head coach wasn't part of this, but who really knows.

I just read that too. How can it not make you wonder? It sounds like Georgia is in some trouble here. I'd like to think our head coach wasn't part of this, but who really knows.
Yes, definitely feel a little uneasy. Especially since it’s related to recruiting. But his name isn’t mentioned and I have to believe that the university did a thorough background check since this incident took place prior to hiring Fran.

The accident happened while Fran was on staff, yes. He wasn’t implicated in any of it though I’m sure he knew the staff member.

But any of the other things cited mentioning assistant coaches was prior (2019 and 2022) to his arrival.

The accident happened while Fran was on staff, yes. He wasn’t implicated in any of it though I’m sure he knew the staff member.

But any of the other things cited mentioning assistant coaches was prior (2019 and 2022) to his arrival.
Good catch

Huh?

What nice thing was taken away?

I'm pretty sure it was a facetious/tongue-in-cheek type remark. Staying with the seemingly 'woe is us' type mantra found typically around here whenever there's an ounce of adversity, etc.

I'm pretty sure it was a facetious/tongue-in-cheek type remark. Staying with the seemingly 'woe is us' type mantra found typically around here whenever there's an ounce of adversity, etc.
I understand the intent in some cases, just don’t think it applies here.

UGA and driving has not ended well. This will get interesting.
The article did indeed mention one coach, Diribe. I skimmed through some of the complaint to see what had been added (they marked it up with boldface in the PDF) and there is some recruiting smoke the NCAA could pursue if they wanted to, even in the original. The bit about Diribe asking the staffer to go get $1000 from an ATM with his card, while at an unofficial recruiting visit dinner, was surely for personal use only, right? And the (transfer) prospect who staffers were supposed to get wasted, I assume was 21+ at the time of his visit...

Yeah not the case here and for the purposes of the Syracuse football program this is a nothingburger until proven otherwise. But I come across the article and hope that we won’t have to eat crow because we didn’t see that this whole thing that we’re building can be too good to be true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom