Q Projected 2nd Rounder per Athletic | Syracusefan.com

Q Projected 2nd Rounder per Athletic

Noooooo!
Q is turning into a stud, and I mostly love his game, and you never *want* a player of his caliber to leave, but...

his leaving after this year would actually clear up a more-optimal forward rotation next year that would (hopefully) allow for both Woody and Braswell to get minutes (assuming the starting forwards would be Benny and AG)

Q is old for a sophomore too. If he keeps this up he’s gone.

it’s like the Tyus thing - what can Q do to improve his draft stock for next year? Work on his handles and be more consistent from 3 (which is already is) ... but that’s it. Hell never be Marek-type as far as his passing goes. Tyus came back and probably hurt his draft stock when it turned out he couldn’t really play PG

it’s clear what kind of player he is. Enjoy him this year

Quincy is fantastic and is ready to see where the pro life takes him. Being from Canada and speaking French makes the France Pro League an attractive destination should NBA not work out.

Q is turning into a stud, and I mostly love his game, and you never *want* a player of his caliber to leave, but...

his leaving after this year would actually clear up a more-optimal forward rotation next year that would (hopefully) allow for both Woody and Braswell to get minutes (assuming the starting forwards would be Benny and AG)

Can we just go three forward lineup and no center next year?

I've come to the conclusion that our best bet might be to go small, put someone like Bras at the five, and just let him be a pogo stick.

Then on offense we can go five out.

I mean, why not, at this point?

Can we just go three forward lineup and no center next year?

I've come to the conclusion that our best bet might be to go small, put someone like Bras at the five, and just let him be a pogo stick.

Then on offense we can go five out.

I mean, why not, at this point?
You quit on Frank and Jesse already?

You quit on Frank and Jesse already?

Quit, no.

I am hoping they can play and be productive.

I am bracing myself if they can't. Or, if it's just better for us, overall, to go small.

Quit, no.

I am hoping they can play and be productive.

I am bracing myself if they can't. Or, if it's just better for us, overall, to go small.
Fair. I don't think they went after a transfer season because they thought Sid was going to healthy and great this year. Hard to just take it away from a guy who is so solid of a person and has worked so hard and has real talent when 100%. Next year I could see them going hard for a 1 year transfer. Maybe they will do what your suggesting this season, if they can't get enough from Jesse, but maybe he will surprise.

Fair. I don't think they went after a transfer season because they thought Sid was going to healthy and great this year. Hard to just take it away from a guy who is so solid of a person and has worked so hard and has real talent when 100%. Next year I could see them going hard for a 1 year transfer. Maybe they will do what your suggesting this season, if they can't get enough from Jesse, but maybe he will surprise.

Seemed like we went after Patrick Tape pretty hard.

You know, everyone really should listen to me when it comes to NBA projection stuff. Every time I start talking about why one of our guys will get legitimate NBA interest, a bunch of responses tell me why they don't project as an NBA player, and then shortly after that the buzz starts coming, and the mock placements start piling up.

Listen to the voice from the Grotto. It speaks the truth. It is wise. It foresees the future.

Seemed like we went after Patrick Tape pretty hard.
1610729909502.gif

We went after Tape hard. Facts don’t matter with some people.

There is a chance Q could come back next year if he wants to graduate.
If he is going to be a 2nd round pick staying one more year won’t affect his draft status if he wants a degree.

Last edited:
I don't think they offered him the starting job or starters mins.
Speculation you are doing what you accuse others of.
Their is a 70 page Tape thread on the recruiting board. He was coming here to start.

Last edited:
Love Q... Not sure his game translates to the NBA but time will tell...

Love Q... Not sure his game translates to the NBA but time will tell...
IMO Q would be an NBA SG/SF

Which is why he needs to show his shooting stroke in college.
We have him as the 4.

Speculation you are doing what you accuse others of.
Their is a 70 page Tape thread on the recruiting board. He was coming here to start.
He could have had the starting 5 spot at Syracuse and instead choose Duke who has multiple 5 star recruits in front of him, as a 1 year grad transfer. That just doesn't add up.

He could have had the starting 5 spot at Syracuse and instead choose Duke who has multiple 5 star recruits in front of him, as a 1 year grad transfer. That just doesn't add up.
Basketball wasn't his singular concern.

If he gets drafted it won’t be because of his defense. He is not active or alert on defense. He falls asleep a lot and loses track of players around him. His biggest weakness is he constantly allows bigs to slide in front of him for defensive rebounding position. He makes little effort to force bigs out of the way. This happened multiple times against NC.

If he gets drafted it won’t be because of his defense. He is not active or alert on defense. He falls asleep a lot and loses track of players around him. His biggest weakness is he constantly allows bigs to slide in front of him for defensive rebounding position. He makes little effort to force bigs out of the way. This happened multiple times against NC.
He isn’t playing his professional position in college.
Again in pro basketball QG is a swing SG-SF.
He is playing PF for us now.
Rebounding won’t hurt his pro potential it would only help it.

Let's be real - we watch him play a lot more than any scouts - he has gotten better - he is a beast of a rebounder - but he has very very little offensive skill other than the put back and he seriously lacks size - he ain't getting drafted at this point unless they go to 5 rounds

Quincy should leave after this season. He’s the best player on our team (not just the eye test, the advanced numbers say the same).

His jumper has improved, his stats probably aren’t getting better next season, and he’s 21. Go get paid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom