QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

There is a rumor that Dino told Neuhesiel at the golf tournament that Lamson in the portal was due to NIL. So not sure where you’re getting that there aren’t any rumors.

And my comment as to disturbing is the sum total of quality of outflow to the program this cycle vs quality of inflow. We consistently have missed on any instant impact portal targets that have been in demand. So we have not show the ability to quickly fill in 2 deep needs from the portal when we lose players off the 2 deep.
I heard what Neuhesiel said and it was not totally clear that NIL is why Lamson is gone, I would be really surprised if NIL is in play at all

I heard what Neuhesiel said and it was not totally clear that NIL is why Lamson is gone, I would be really surprised if NIL is in play at all

I heard what he said as well and in the context of the portal and NIL, he said Babers told him he lost his backup QB and insinuated it was due to NIL. Now, I'm not saying for sure it was NIL, but Neuheisel was discussing the topic clearly and to add Babers comments to him in that context could easily lead one to believe it NIL was part of the reason.

I heard what he said as well and in the context of the portal and NIL, he said Babers told him he lost his backup QB and insinuated it was due to NIL. Now, I'm not saying for sure it was NIL, but Neuheisel was discussing the topic clearly and to add Babers comments to him in that context could easily lead one to believe it NIL was part of the reason.

FWIW heard Dino give a presentation last summer / fall and every other word out of his mouth was NIL. I wouldn't put too much into that. Kid threw it nicely in a touch football game. Still two SEC guys in front of him.

Why would you pay lamson?
Well again, if another team is willing to pay a guy to play for them that is maybe our primary backup, then I would match.

I guess I don’t see how it’s a better strategy to let a guy that’s been in the program 2+ years and knows the system walk in place of a different guy that didn’t work out at a other program that has a few months to learn our system before the season starts.

There is a learning curve here, especially at QB, and if Lamson was truly our #2 then odds are this new guy could be expected to see the field this year.

Well again, if another team is willing to pay a guy to play for them that is maybe our primary backup, then I would match.

I guess I don’t see how it’s a better strategy to let a guy that’s been in the program 2+ years and knows the system walk in place of a different guy that didn’t work out at a other program that has a few months to learn our system before the season starts.

There is a learning curve here, especially at QB, and if Lamson was truly our #2 then odds are this new guy could be expected to see the field this year.
I guess we will see if Lamson is getting paid, or thinks he should be getting paid. Like I said earlier, if fringe 2nd/3rd string guys are getting attractive NIL offers lunacy has taken over.

This board has talked more about spike albrecht in the past 48 hours than the rest of the world collectively in the past year
Could you work up an image of Spike Albrecht with a jar of mayo?

He's pretty little so maybe it would be funny if the mayo jar was family size or something.

Attachments

• 557E5A70-1284-4319-85F8-E34D5F9812D2.jpeg
    557E5A70-1284-4319-85F8-E34D5F9812D2.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 44

Guy entered the portal. They didn’t boot him. Were they supposed to pay the 3rd string QB starter NIL $ to keep him, if that was the issue. At this point, you’re just trolling.

Guy entered the portal. They didn’t boot him. Were they supposed to pay the 3rd string QB starter NIL $ to keep him, if that was the issue. At this point, you’re just trolling.
That’s classic. I’m trolling because I’m asking questions about a situation where nothing has been definitely confirmed in this thread.

You speak definitely on this topic as if you have first hand knowledge and I doubt you do. So I’ll keep questioning until someone that has real information responds. Thanks.

Last edited:
Oh because you first hand know the story?

You don’t and stop pretending you do.

You know he was 3rd string how?

You know he was demanding starter NIL money how?

You know what other NIL offers (if any) he has from elsewhere how?

Just a bunch of conjecture from a bunch of different people you’ve weaved into a story and are putting forth as if it’s definitive. It’s not. And that’s why you’ll see in my posts questions and words like “if” instead of the nonsense you just posted.

I pretended I knew the story. Ok…..

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I pretended I knew the story. Ok…..

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office
Well if you really do (and I doubt you do) then I’d say the bigger troll is the one playing gotcha with other posters when he knows the real story. Where were you 20 pages ago?

FWIW heard Dino give a presentation last summer / fall and every other word out of his mouth was NIL. I wouldn't put too much into that. Kid threw it nicely in a touch football game. Still two SEC guys in front of him.

Given how easy it is to move around, doesn't surprise me to see a kid from Cali put his name in to gauge interest.

I'm always skeptical of kids who come from so far away. Some stick, some (home)sick. Don't know if that's the case, but we'll see where he lands.

Well if you really do (and I doubt you do) then I’d say the bigger troll is the one playing gotcha with other posters when he knows the real story. Where we’re you 20 pages ago?

Do you even know what you’re talking about at this point? I never ever claimed to know anything except what’s been posted here. The tiny bit I’ve ever known in the 15 years or so I’ve been on this board and the previous board, I always clearly state. As I did with the GS info weeks ago. Or I just don’t post it at all. But I’ve never pretended to know anything. Lol.

But you’re just looking for negative even when you’re proven wrong. But you do you.

Given how easy it is to move around, doesn't surprise me to see a kid from Cali put his name in to gauge interest.

I'm always skeptical of kids who come from so far away. Some stick, some (home)sick. Don't know if that's the case, but we'll see where he lands.
Agreed!!! Its why i like that we seem to finally be focused on our core areas. Sure, we can land a HS kid or two from some faraway place like Texas Hawaii or timbucktoo but we can't make a living doing that and will never create a pipeline doing that.
Portal kids are a different story.

I guess we will see if Lamson is getting paid, or thinks he should be getting paid. Like I said earlier, if fringe 2nd/3rd string guys are getting attractive NIL offers lunacy has taken over.
So who said he was supposed to get starter NIL money? Pretty sure you don’t know Lamson was 3rd string on the depth chart at the time he left. They were sharing snaps 50/50 in the spring to find out who was #2. We have seen no definitive information either way to know where they were slotted after spring concluded. Personally I like what I’ve seen from Lamson a little better. But that is based almost solely on a spring game last year and then this spring game. That’s all we have been able to see from him.

Everyone likes to point out that the kid hasn’t played a single game at Syracuse or even his senior year in HS as a negative and who really cares if he’s gone. I personally could see that as a positive on his upside. Considering the little experience he has the kid looked really good for a young QB. The staff obviously has seen more to evaluate Than I have so who knows where they have slotted him. After spring had finished he very well could have been #2.

As much as I dislike parts of NIL you make it sound absurd that this kid would get any money. Why? By this rational above there is certainly a fair chance Lamson could have been our starting QB for the next 2 years after this year. Pretty sure that would make him the most important player on the team. So you think it’s ridiculous to even consider spending any NLIL money on him a year prior to him being a starter in order to retain him because he hasn’t played in a real game yet? That seems unwise and short sighted to me.

I honestly have a hard time thinking this had much to do with NIL though. I feel like it’s more linely it had to do with opportunity. I think every kid just wants to play more than anything. if he is better than CDRW he was in a really good spot. Now It’s possible they told him he was 3rd and he chose to leave. But I’m beginning to wonder if he thought he won out and the staff said they aren’t ready to make a decision on #2 yet. Whether that was because they still are deciding or because they were maybe leaning Lamson but not 100% sure and they want to retain both and keep one from transferring now. Not sure. Maybe Lamson said let me see what is out there.

All just speculated guesses though.

So who said he was supposed to get starter NIL money? Pretty sure you don’t know Lamson was 3rd string on the depth chart at the time he left. They were sharing snaps 50/50 in the spring to find out who was #2. We have seen no definitive information either way to know where they were slotted after spring concluded. Personally I like what I’ve seen from Lamson a little better. But that is based almost solely on a spring game last year and then this spring game. That’s all we have been able to see from him.

Everyone likes to point out that the kid hasn’t played a single game at Syracuse or even his senior year in HS as a negative and who really cares if he’s gone. I personally could see that as a positive on his upside. Considering the little experience he has the kid looked really good for a young QB. The staff obviously has seen more to evaluate Than I have so who knows where they have slotted him. After spring had finished he very well could have been #2.

As much as I dislike parts of NIL you make it sound absurd that this kid would get any money. Why? By this rational above there is certainly a fair chance Lamson could have been our starting QB for the next 2 years after this year. Pretty sure that would make him the most important player on the team. So you think it’s ridiculous to even consider spending any NLIL money on him a year prior to him being a starter in order to retain him because he hasn’t played in a real game yet? That seems unwise and short sighted to me.

I honestly have a hard time thinking this had much to do with NIL though. I feel like it’s more linely it had to do with opportunity. I think every kid just wants to play more than anything. if he is better than CDRW he was in a really good spot. Now It’s possible they told him he was 3rd and he chose to leave. But I’m beginning to wonder if he thought he won out and the staff said they aren’t ready to make a decision on #2 yet. Whether that was because they still are deciding or because they were maybe leaning Lamson but not 100% sure and they want to retain both and keep one from transferring now. Not sure. Maybe Lamson said let me see what is out there.

All just speculated guesses though.

He hasn’t gotten any $ yet. I never made it sound like it was absurd for him to get $, I made it sound like it was absurd to give the POSSIBLE 3rd string QB $ when we could use that $ to get some help along the OL.

Ok, so we’ll play the game. He’s a backup QB, coming off an injury, with no game experience. But somehow he’s some highly sought after portal QB. And we should have paid the kid.

My guess is we'll see Justin at a Fresno State type of school. Not because he can't play at Cuse, I just have a hard time believing that a QB with 2(?) P5 offers out of high school is all of a sudden going to transfer after 2 years and an injury and land at a P5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom