Class of 2025 - QB Quentin Murphy (AR) Offered [Announcing 5/31] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Quentin Murphy (AR) Offered [Announcing 5/31]

You won’t hear from me. I don’t have a dog in that fight.
Allow it.gif

Did he ever visit? It was supposedly going to be rescheduled but I never saw it actually happen or if it's still coming up. Hope so... if not I wouldn't think we'd end up with the commit.

Did he ever visit? It was supposedly going to be rescheduled but I never saw it actually happen or if it's still coming up. Hope so... if not I wouldn't think we'd end up with the commit.
A lot of time between now and august

August 3rd commitment date

Lot of time to make a visit

He's an interesting player. Earlier in the thread, some folks compared him with Vick the Elder. I can see some of that in his running style.

Part of what made Vick the Elder great, though, was his next-level arm. He could throw more than 70 yards at a standstill, and his passes had ridiculous zip and excellent wrist action.

This young man looks to have a maxed-out throw of about 45 yards. On the run, I would guess it will be 55 to 60. There are two throws in particular where he could have led his player down the sideline. On one, the player had to stop and wait, and on the other, he threw a nice pass that led the receiver out of bounds.

I'll be interested to see if he sticks at quarterback in college. I'm not sure he has the next-level arm strength he would need to be an NFL player, let alone an elite college QB. Of course, I'm extrapolating this all on one highlight tape, so take it FWIW.

He's an interesting player. Earlier in the thread, some folks compared him with Vick the Elder. I can see some of that in his running style.

Part of what made Vick the Elder great, though, was his next-level arm. He could throw more than 70 yards at a standstill, and his passes had ridiculous zip and excellent wrist action.

This young man looks to have a maxed-out throw of about 45 yards. On the run, I would guess it will be 55 to 60. There are two throws in particular where he could have led his player down the sideline. On one, the player had to stop and wait, and on the other, he threw a nice pass that led the receiver out of bounds.

I'll be interested to see if he sticks at quarterback in college. I'm not sure he has the next-level arm strength he would need to be an NFL player, let alone an elite college QB. Of course, I'm extrapolating this all on one highlight tape, so take it FWIW.
Yeah, I don’t see Michael Vick. I really don’t see many likenesses to his game other than he runs a lot. If someone wanted to say LaMar Jackson I’d more inclined to at least give a nod. Also, I know people are trying to compare styles, which I don’t see, but also Vick was one of the best college quarterbacks of all time. Period. As you said, Vick threw ropes, this kid throws bloopers. Having said that, it’s no knock on the kid, I’d love to see him in Orange. ps If he’s like Jackson, that’s not too shabby either. lol.

So was Carney and Murphy an either/or first commit gets the spot kind if thing? Or have we actually reached the point of multiple actually good QBs competing?

Last edited:
I think we should and probably will try for two high priority QB recruits in this class. I don't think CDRW or Davis have a future starting at QB here.
I think with Williams, the walk-on and now Carney we will be fine along with (CDCW & Davis), I say major on 2026, 2027.

I guess we will know if Murphy, Woods, Washington, and Kitna make visits etc if we are trying for more than one in the 2025 class. Murphy is due to visit in just a week or two.
If they visit, I'm sure HCFB won't turn them away if anyone of want to commit. Schools like Georgia, Alabama, Ohio St. have 3 or 4 top 4*&5* on their teams. Not saying we our in that league. (Not Yet) lol

Can we please have a translator on aisle 4? What does this mean?
Pretty sure it means he is on a Syracuse visit right now. Has the visit pass as well.
Bumping twin must mean he's listening to some rapper named twin?
surprised he threw a "g" on that bumpin. ;-)