Class of 2025 - QB Quentin Murphy (AR) Offered [Announcing 5/31] | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Quentin Murphy (AR) Offered [Announcing 5/31]

I can tell there is some apprehension in some poster's post about bringing in multiple QBs...This is what Top 10 programs do YEARLY...Shouldn't be afraid of losing 1 QB because they didn't win the Starting spot.
This is 100% what you do. If you don’t have an above average (At WORST) QB at this level, you’re not going anywhere. You bring in as many top QB’s as you can get and let them sort things out on the field. That way we guarantee a good QB (Hopefully) and you know you will have the scholarships back in the future bc most will transfer out once they know the pecking order, and they will know the pecking order. This is a no brainer. I’m taking 2 QB’s every season. Either 2 HS, or 1 HS/1portal, depending on the urgency. This would most likely always keep us at 4 or maximum, 5, scholarship QB’s each season. This is what most top teams do. I’m surprised Dino never learned his lesson. I don’t think Fran will make the same mistake.

This is 100% what you do. If you don’t have an above average (At WORST) QB at this level, you’re not going anywhere. You bring in as many top QB’s as you can get and let them sort things out on the field. That way we guarantee a good QB (Hopefully) and you know you will have the scholarships back in the future bc most will transfer out once they know the pecking order, and they will know the pecking order. This is a no brainer. I’m taking 2 QB’s every season. Either 2 HS, or 1 HS/1portal, depending on the urgency. This would most likely always keep us at 4 or maximum, 5, scholarship QB’s each season. This is what most top teams do. I’m surprised Dino never learned his lesson. I don’t think Fran will make the same mistake.
What I will say is teams in the SEC and Big10 who are State Schools will bring in Serviceable walk-ons who pay the State tuition fees etc...Think the guys wearing the Yellow or Red pennies with a black baseball cap...They will probably be decent in state athletes who went to smaller high schools. Hell, I feel Iowa has 2-3 guys at other positions like this who walk on and then get drafted...Having 86K in tuitions and fees isn't conducive with this model though...