Class of 2016 - QB to keep an eye on | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB to keep an eye on

there has been a lot of buzz about him ... lets see what type of season he has first

Its great to see kids working hard especially at an early age, but I am a little hesitant to give him so much praise before taking a varsity snap. I do believe he will be great, but sometimes these kind of things backfire. Hope not, because it will be nice to have a QB from Rochester national recruited. When was the last nationally recruited QB from here. Billy Scharr?

Its great to see kids working hard especially at an early age, but I am a little hesitant to give him so much praise before taking a varsity snap. I do believe he will be great, but sometimes these kind of things backfire. Hope not, because it will be nice to have a QB from Rochester national recruited. When was the last nationally recruited QB from here. Billy Scharr?
If you don't count Ashton Broyld then I think it would be Scharr. I agree that it's way to early to know how good Jake Z. will be. I also question the pressure all of the publicity puts on a 14 year-old kid but I thought it was an interesting story.

If you don't count Ashton Broyld then I think it would be Scharr. I agree that it's way to early to know how good Jake Z. will be. I also question the pressure all of the publicity puts on a 14 year-old kid but I thought it was an interesting story.

DNabb had some nice offers including Nebraska at one point.

No im thinking Rochester alone. McNabb if from Chicago. I dont look at Ashton as a national recruit at the QB position. Maybe as an athlete. There were too many question marks on him. Will he qualify? throwing motion and accuracy. Because of that he only recieved offers from akron, eastern michigan, louisville. I know he picked up more after prep school. Billy Scharr had a offer from Miami. Which at the time had testeverde, kosar, kelly. The best of the best went there. I still think Billy went to the wrong school. He was not an option QB.

No im thinking Rochester alone. McNabb if from Chicago. I dont look at Ashton as a national recruit at the QB position. Maybe as an athlete. There were too many question marks on him. Will he qualify? throwing motion and accuracy. Because of that he only recieved offers from akron, eastern michigan, louisville. I know he picked up more after prep school. Billy Scharr had a offer from Miami. Which at the time had testeverde, kosar, kelly. The best of the best went there. I still think Billy went to the wrong school. He was not an option QB.

Broyld had others trying to flip him after his SU commitment that aren;t listed as official offers on the recruiting sites.

I still think Billy went to the wrong school. He was not an option QB.

I agree. I know for a fact that people were in his ear to head on down to FLA. The Scharr's are a close knit strong family, IIRC being close to home was one of the deciding factors.

Gee I don't know...Greg Paulus maybe? :rolleyes:

Golf HOF member Walter Hagen was also a fine baseball and football player back in the day. Not sure if he played QB though. Not sure the forward pass was even invented when The Haig was in HS. Perhaps All4SU remembers.

Hagen is a LITTLE bit older than me. But I think his youngest sister used to baby sit me.