Class of 2021 - QB Xavier Copening (CT) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Xavier Copening (CT) Offered

As many have wrote, 2021 has to have an impact QB. Curious if Xavier will be that guy?

A tad short; like his athletic ability, quickness and speed.

A tad short; like his athletic ability, quickness and speed.
Height appears to be an overrated trait for the modern football QB. Many examples that you all know, both in college and the pros.

Plus, this kid’s highlights are from his sophomore year? Chances are his height, weight and arm strength are not yet cast in stone.

Attended Syracuse/Wake game today.

Has an offer and think he is being recruited as a QB. Would have to think he is top 3 in terms of 2021 QB priority with Veilleux and Nowell.

Apparently runs a 4.4 40, sub 10.9 100 meters. Wonder if it’s legit.

Has an offer and think he is being recruited as a QB. Would have to think he is top 3 in terms of 2021 QB priority with Veilleux and Nowell.

He was there with Jeffrey Davis, another of the top players in Connecticut’s class of 2021.

To me, a running threat type QB would be a welcome weapon to our offense. I was the one that started the whole dual threat QB arguments ...lol

To me, a running threat type QB would be a welcome weapon to our offense. I was the one that started the whole dual threat QB arguments ...lol

It is a luxury to have a guy that can pass and run well but I would settle for a guy that could be a situational QB like Womach/McDonald and run the wild cat with the real threat of a throw at the very least.

It is a luxury to have a guy that can pass and run well but I would settle for a guy that could be a situational QB like Womach/McDonald and run the wild cat with the real threat of a throw at the very least.
I'm more the Marvin Graves, Donnie Mac, etc. guy. I loved the old freeze option ...lol

Agreed. If this was 2002, this kid would be the #1 QB on the staffs board.

Probably right in ranking order for staff
Going to need 2 QB, might as well clean up Connecticut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom