Colby Cameron 153.18
Tino Sunseri 151.52
Collin Klein 149.36
Kawaun Jakes 147.3
Tyler Bray 146.26
Landry Jones 144.66
Tyler Wilson 143.85
Ryan Nassib 143.23
Senior QBs + Tyler Bray, i didn't leave anyone out even though we know some of those guys aren't getting drafted.

This isn't a blacklist, this isn't a nut shot, this isn't judas.

Manuel had the 3rd best rating of anyone in the draft (no florence). Not much difference between him, Barkley, and Smith just as a passer. The gap between him and smith is half the gap between him and nassib.

And manuel can run.

If people think it's a reach for manuel to be the first QB taken, I wonder what the hell they were watching last year in the playoffs.

Geno Smith 164.57
Matt Barkley 157.56
Nick Florence 157.52
EJ Manuel 156.03
Ryan Aplin 154.4
Seth Doege 153.41
Colby Cameron 153.18
Tino Sunseri 151.52
Collin Klein 149.36
Kawaun Jakes 147.3
Tyler Bray 146.26
Landry Jones 144.66
Tyler Wilson 143.85
Ryan Nassib 143.23
Senior QBs + Tyler Bray, i didn't leave anyone out even though we know some of those guys aren't getting drafted.

This isn't a blacklist, this isn't a nut shot, this isn't judas.

Manuel had the 3rd best rating of anyone in the draft (no florence). Not much difference between him, Barkley, and Smith just as a passer. The gap between him and smith is half the gap between him and nassib.

And manuel can run.

If people think it's a reach for manuel to be the first QB taken, I wonder what the hell they were watching last year in the playoffs.

I think the question is, could the Bills have filled another need first, then still grabbed EJ later. Much like how the Seahawks waited until the 3rd round to get Russell Wilson last year, and used the first two picks to grab a DE and OLB who both worked out well.

But if the Eagles were going to draft EJ in the 2nd round, and that's who the Bills wanted, then they had no choice. A QB picked in the 2nd or 3rd round has a lot less pressure on him from the mostly clinically insane group of people known as NFL fans.

I'm happy that he's the QB they ended up with. I didn't want them to get Nassib or Geno. Scott Shafer ruined last night for Geno. It was funny to me though.

I think the question is, could the Bills have filled another need first, then still grabbed EJ later. Much like how the Seahawks waited until the 3rd round to get Russell Wilson last year, and used the first two picks to grab a DE and OLB who both worked out well.

But if the Eagles were going to draft EJ in the 2nd round, and that's who the Bills wanted, then they had no choice. A QB picked in the 2nd or 3rd round has a lot less pressure on him from the mostly clinically insane group of people known as NFL fans.

I'm happy that he's the QB they ended up with. I didn't want them to get Nassib or Geno. Scott Shafer ruined last night for Geno. It was funny to me though.

This is a great post on all levels. Is it possible to have watched Geno vs. the Cuse the past two games and still think of him as an NFL first-rounder? And I agree on the point about when you draft a guy. I think they at least could have traded further down in the first round. Why not?

Geno Smith 164.57
Matt Barkley 157.56
Nick Florence 157.52
EJ Manuel 156.03
Ryan Aplin 154.4
Seth Doege 153.41
Colby Cameron 153.18
Tino Sunseri 151.52

I'm not really beholden to QB rating when evaluating QBs but I think you make a couple good points but the nassib narrative on this board has been a fun one to observe. First his development was ruined b/c Paulus got some snaps instead of him as a redshirt frosh. Then he sucked and needed to be replaced by anyone we signed for two years. Then he should have been an all-american and now it's a slap in the face that anyone would even consider ej manuel or barkley or geno smith or whomever.

For me, I never really saw how anyone -- fans or evaluators -- saw Nassib as a first-rounder and I'm still not sold entirely on him as an NFL starter. I like him, he's a great kid, smart kid, good physical tools -- but let's not get crazy here. He was a solid QB prospect, who continued to improve and became a really really solid QB. A new system, a more aggressive approach, better personnel around him all contributed to the crazy spike in numbers. If he goes on to put together a good 10-year career as a starter, I'll be ecstatic for him and for the university, but the lather for DM and the complete disdain for other QB prospects or any kind of criticism of the kid is crazy.

I am not disappointed in getting Manuel, but I think they should have traded down one more time to maybe the Niners pick and then taken him. It would have been great to get another couple of picks out of it.

I'll say this for the hundreth time... compare Ryan's accuracy on the deep ball to any of the other QBs in that top 5 list. That is the main reason I don't think that he will be that great in the NFL. You gotta be able to stretch an NFL down the field.

There are no great QBs in the draft. Marrone will be back at OC somewhere soon.

The difference in the numbers are simple: weapons. If Nassib had WVU or USC or FSU weapons - his numbers are the same or better.

YAC numbers always inflate QB numbers.

I'm not really beholden to QB rating when evaluating QBs but I think you make a couple good points but the nassib narrative on this board has been a fun one to observe. First his development was ruined b/c Paulus got some snaps instead of him as a redshirt frosh. Then he sucked and needed to be replaced by anyone we signed for two years. Then he should have been an all-american and now it's a slap in the face that anyone would even consider ej manuel or barkley or geno smith or whomever.

For me, I never really saw how anyone -- fans or evaluators -- saw Nassib as a first-rounder and I'm still not sold entirely on him as an NFL starter. I like him, he's a great kid, smart kid, good physical tools -- but let's not get crazy here. He was a solid QB prospect, who continued to improve and became a really really solid QB. A new system, a more aggressive approach, better personnel around him all contributed to the crazy spike in numbers. If he goes on to put together a good 10-year career as a starter, I'll be ecstatic for him and for the university, but the lather for DM and the complete disdain for other QB prospects or any kind of criticism of the kid is crazy.
Good points there -- especially about the continuing disdain for DM. Shafer will do very well, thank you. If the Bills become relevant, we can claim that Marrone got his start at SU.

Nassib should be fine by the end of round 2. He didn't have Tavon Austin to help inflate his numbers and he wasn't in a pass-happy offense. He did have a solid OL once Pugh returned, senior WRs who started as frosh and one of whom set SU records, a decent TE, and a good running attack to keep things honest. And give Nassib credit -- he made it all work, and to my mind, he maxed out the talent around him, as well as his own talent. He should be a solid 2nd round pick, and whoever takes him will have a very good #2 QB.

Good points there -- especially about the continuing disdain for DM. Shafer will do very well, thank you. If the Bills become relevant, we can claim that Marrone got his start at SU.

Nassib should be fine by the end of round 2. He didn't have Tavon Austin to help inflate his numbers and he wasn't in a pass-happy offense. He did have a solid OL once Pugh returned, senior WRs who started as frosh and one of whom set SU records, a decent TE, and a good running attack to keep things honest. And give Nassib credit -- he made it all work, and to my mind, he maxed out the talent around him, as well as his own talent. He should be a solid 2nd round pick, and whoever takes him will have a very good #2 QB.

Yeah, I think that's a good breakdown. My only point is that QBs are always -- to some degree -- products of their system. That's not to take anything away from anyone's success, especially not Nassib in this case. But I'm just not sure how people are looking at him as a slam dunk the way McNabb was or guys like Griffen/Luck or even Russell Wilson, for that matter.

Yeah, I think that's a good breakdown. My only point is that QBs are always -- to some degree -- products of their system. That's not to take anything away from anyone's success, especially not Nassib in this case. But I'm just not sure how people are looking at him as a slam dunk the way McNabb was or guys like Griffen/Luck or even Russell Wilson, for that matter.

Agreed. Most of the time that is true except for the QB's that are the system. Number 5 was one.

Exactly! Manuel was a freaking 3rd round pick at best. I'm not saying Geno or Nassib deserved to be a #8 or #16 pick either. Geno and Nassib are likely to be taken in the 2nd round. Barkley, Manuel and Glennon were likely 3rd round picks.

Somehow, the idiots in Buffalo not only took him 2 rounds too early, but more importantly will pay him first round money. He won't be worth it and will fail miserably and get cut.

There are no great QBs in the draft. Marrone will be back at OC somewhere soon.

The great thing about the NFL is once you get a head coach, you're on the list. Guys like Mularky, Chan Gailey, Dick Jauron (I sense a Buffalo theme) and countless others, they keep getting head coaching jobs. Harder to get the first one than to use your failures to land you the second one.

Not that I think he will fail, but if he does...he'll get another shot.

So having a great QB rating in college = NFL success. I could care less what his QB rating was, he wasn't a first round pick and as far as the NFL is concerned he's a complete crap shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom