Question about Rpi | Syracusefan.com

Question about Rpi

Briancuse

Living Legend
There are several different sites, all of which have completely different rpi ratings. Which one do the guys on the committee look at?

They each look at the RPI of their choice.

There are several different sites, all of which have completely different rpi ratings. Which one do the guys on the committee look at?

They should not be different. Did not realize there was big differences out there.

Its not something like Sagarin or KP where the formuia is not known.

Its 25/25/50 on clear w/l data so I am surprised there are differences.

I thought the committee had their own secret official one.

I don't think so... the formula has been disclosed, and the road adjustment has been diaclosed.

The only thing I can think of for discrepancy would be how some games are classified; home/road/neutral.

Or some formula's including games against non D1 opponents?

I don't think so... the formula has been disclosed, and the road adjustment has been diaclosed.
Maybe partly true. Per realtimerpi.com:

Does the NCAA perform adjustments to the basic formula?
Yes. They normally have their own secret adjustments. Basically, it's a system of bonuses and penalties. Teams gain credits for beating top 50 RPI teams and for scheduling 50 percent of their non-conference games against top 50 opponents. Teams receive penalties for losing to non-Division I teams, or lossing to weak teams (150 or below) and for scheduling 50 percent of the non-conference schedule against weak teams. We also perform similar adjustments.

Use Jerry Palm. Much of the difference comes from home/away/neutral games. Over the years, Palm has corrected the NCAA and they have taken his input may times.

Use Jerry Palm. Much of the difference comes from home/away/neutral games. Over the years, Palm has corrected the NCAA and they have taken his input may times.
This. Palm is the best.

I think they still look at RPI. Then, they take the look test.

Ooooh, the all-important eye test.

Do they take Digger's who is on a mission test into consideration??? :)
Yes. Digger is also on the new football committee with Condaleza Rice. There is also a smell test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom