Question after Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Question after Boeheim

Cooper05

Walk On
I know this is discussed all the time and there probably a thread I could place this in, but would anyone consider Drew from Baylor. Living here in TX I get to see some games and he really changes up his zone defense. He has said to the Dallas Morning News that he learned a lot watching SU and JB. I know he hasn’t coached or recruited In the NE, but I think would definitely give him a look and a listen if he was interested. Thoughts?

I know this is discussed all the time and there probably a thread I could place this in, but would anyone consider Drew from Baylor. Living here in TX I get to see some games and he really changes up his zone defense. He has said to the Dallas Morning News that he learned a lot watching SU and JB. I know he hasn’t coached or recruited In the NE, but I think would definitely give him a look and a listen if he was interested. Thoughts?
No

Just curious, care to say why? Rather than just no?
I respect your posts, but just a simple no? I’m pretty sure he is more proven that Mike! Just curious why you would be that so absolutely no!

For me we need a coach with east coast ties.

I have confidence in wildhack that when JB retires he will do a through search for the best candidate. I hope he will look for a coach with winning experience that can recruit. I do not feel ties to the east coast is a must. SU will be a tremendous opportunity for many coaches. My only concern may be the university not willing to pay for the best option. I hope I am wrong.

Sure if he didn’t have baggage like a Calipari. Think he suspends Frank Howard before a tournament game hell no.

Good coach and we could do worse. I kind of want to give the job to a younger guy who’s first major program it will be. And for that you might have to go outside the Northeast best MAAC or A10 coach might not cut it. So maybe Drew after all. Being the first guy after JB will be tough he’s not a bad shorter term solution.

The northeast metro centers full of kids who can ball are not giving us anything currently on the court. And it’s not like the Carrier Dome is moving to Waco we still got an OK shot with every northeast prospect regardless of the coaches last job. But we lose the good ones to Kentucky every year.

Of the 7 contributors on the team 3 are upstate 1 Canada 1 Slovakia 1 ECU transfer not good enough to be recruited out of HS fans would have ripped giving Eli a schollie. Only Sidibe is from the recruiting grounds people want our next coach to ‘have ties to’ or whatever you call it. Geography don’t matter get a guy who can coach and build a staff and is hungry to drive a Ferrari and not a Ford.