Question For Anyone who has run an online Tournament Pool | Syracusefan.com

Question For Anyone who has run an online Tournament Pool

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Do folks have recommendations for online sites to use to run an NCAA Tournament Pool where the people participating are not part of some common group e.g. they aren't all Fantasy Football players using CBS Sports.com.

I'm wondering which is the easiest to use from an administration standpoint and from the standpoint of allowing folks who want to participate being to easily register and participate?

Do folks have recommendations for online sites to use to run an NCAA Tournament Pool where the people participating are not part of some common group e.g. they aren't all Fantasy Football players using CBS Sports.com.

I'm wondering which is the easiest to use from an administration standpoint and from the standpoint of allowing folks who want to participate being to easily register and participate?
In my experience, ESPN has been the best, but not everyone has an ESPN ID.

Yahoo has been alright, I just personally don't like using them, but it seems like everyone has a Yahoo ID, so that makes things a lot easier.

turbotourney.com

They do an excellent job.

I always used espn's site, and it worked fine.

I've used CBSSports for years and I've never had any problems.

The bonus with CBS is that you can manually enter picks for people who don't have CBS accounts. ESPN and Yahoo don't allow that.

We have used CBSSportsline.com forever and it works great. Amazing how easy it is compared to the old days when you used to have figure each round by hand.

cbssportsline is great [ fan friendly ] I have been using it for many years .NFL & NCAA BB.

I do my own private one with an all web based interface. Lots of html coding, etc but if you are into that I can make some recommendations of a Pool Engine software that is great. (Also great if you just want to do an off-line one). Software is called "OfficePool 20xx" (updated with the year each year).

The bonus with CBS is that you can manually enter picks for people who don't have CBS accounts. ESPN and Yahoo don't allow that.

This mirrors my experience exactly. Love CBS.

The ESPN interface is also good, but ESPN is evil.

I've run CBSsportsline for my office for 5 years now, I think. Once you get everyone set, the site manages itself! People can check in and see how the others are doing. You can run more than one bracket for people. I am not good at all at computer stuff, yet my feeble mind can manage this. (No implications, of course, about your mind!)

I also have used CBS for years with no problems.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to run with CBS, it does seem relatively easy.

Does anyone who uses CBS know if you can give people your group name and password and allow them to find their way into the group, or must they be invited by email by the administrator?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to run with CBS, it does seem relatively easy.

Does anyone who uses CBS know if you can give people your group name and password and allow them to find their way into the group, or must they be invited by email by the administrator?

I believe they must be invited by you, the administrator. A bit of a pain when you do it the first time, but after that the program remembers you and your participants, and signs people up automatically every year.

Use CBS and manage the league. You can get a perfect score like that autistic kid who "predicted" the first 52 games of the tourney properly in 2010. He got a whole bunch of press -- when no one else on validated leagues in america had less then 3 or 4 wrong already. Of course he was in a family league that a faimly member could edit after the fact. But his mom said no one cheated, and we all know she must be telling the truth.

I got a perfect score in 2011. My mom can validate that if you would like.

Is anybody doing an online pool? I am interested, if so.

Send them a link to the group, with a password:

http://yourpoolname.mayhem.cbssports.com/brackets