Question for current SU students | Syracusefan.com

Question for current SU students

Toga

Living Legend
Are you guys even aware of this song? It was banned at games years ago. Need I say more?

We're all aware of it. The problem is it isn't played over the sound system and when the band does it, they only play part of the song. We still do it without the music, but it's definitely not loud enough. The hope is to be able to do this song many times come Saturday.

We're all aware of it. The problem is it isn't played over the sound system and when the band does it, they only play part of the song. We still do it without the music, but it's definitely not loud enough. The hope is to be able to do this song many times come Saturday.

The band is only allowed to play it because they use the edited version of the song, to discourage "creative" lyrics. For several years, it was banned.

Didn't even click on the video and knew it was the Hey Song. Shame the school "banned it"

Maybe that should be a "special occasion" song for games against the likes of UMd and NCSU. If you really want to start a hatefest, sing that song to Clemson fans this Saturday and definitely at the game in Tally. You will have rivalries as fast as you can say "F*** 'em Up." :eek:

Through the years, our student section has continued a long-standing, traditional cheer during (sc)UM games: "F*** Miami, F*** F*** Miami. Obviously not as complete as SU but we try. :p

Before GRob happened the student section used to this after every touchdown SU while the game was close. If the game was a blowout the student section wouldn't but if SU was ahead or close the student section on its own would do the "Hey Song" on its own without the band. However 1-10, 4-8, 2-10, 3-9 happened and then the student section had no idea to do the "Hey Song" and the tradition died. It will take the new leaders of Otto's Army to get the tradition done again. The hoops Pep band played the "Hey Song" for Senior Day against Georgetown in 2007 when we thought we secured our bid to the NCAA tournament, but got screwed by the Princeton AD. Since 2007, I haven't heard once during any games.

Before GRob happened the student section used to this after every touchdown SU while the game was close. If the game was a blowout the student section wouldn't but if SU was ahead or close the student section on its own would do the "Hey Song" on its own without the band. However 1-10, 4-8, 2-10, 3-9 happened and then the student section had no idea to do the "Hey Song" and the tradition died. It will take the new leaders of Otto's Army to get the tradition done again. The hoops Pep band played the "Hey Song" for Senior Day against Georgetown in 2007 when we thought we secured our bid to the NCAA tournament, but got screwed by the Princeton AD. Since 2007, I haven't heard once during any games.
Not true, i was class of 2012 and we did the hey song for basketball a few times. Certainly not dead and we definitely knew the song.

Not true, i was class of 2012 and we did the hey song for basketball a few times. Certainly not dead and we definitely knew the song.
I meant for football games, it happens a couple of times in basketball games because the Citrus Society has played it a couple of times.

I meant for football games, it happens a couple of times in basketball games because the Citrus Society has played it a couple of times.
I know it was done vs Louisville last year. Not sure about any other games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom