Question for Season Ticket Holders | Syracusefan.com

Question for Season Ticket Holders

Did your season ticket location...

• Total voters

CuseCPT

All Conference
I have great misgivings about the process. For basketball my family has been in the same seats since mid 80s, and had season tickets continuously since the Dome opened. Frankly, my draft position (if correct) sucks and I'm getting pretty worried with selection starting in a few days.

So you have had tickets for a long time and choice not to make a small? donation to improve your position depending on your donor level. if you are in the bottom 2 levels you will have a good pt total but a few hundred would have allowed you to pass thousands of people.

I thought it was fair. Could have improved our seats but wanted to stay in the same section as we have been there since the dome opened. What is not very good is the site. I would give it a C at best. Weak

Yeah the site is pretty bad. You can't even easily check your donor rank anymore. Everything is hard to navigate.

So you have had tickets for a long time and choice not to make a small? donation to improve your position depending on your donor level. if you are in the bottom 2 levels you will have a good pt total but a few hundred would have allowed you to pass thousands of people.

This post is a better explanation of how the various points and ranks worked than any communication I saw from the Athletics Dept.

But to be blunt, a system where you have to donate extra or you will lose your seats sounds more like extortion to me than a fair process.

This post is a better explanation of how the various points and ranks worked than any communication I saw from the Athletics Dept.

But to be blunt, a system where you have to donate extra or you will lose your seats sounds more like extortion to me than a fair process.

Let’s be honest here, football and Men’s basketball pay for every single sport that Syracuse University has

The University pricing on basketball and football are vastly underpriced and have been for years. And even with the new seating they have kept pricing relatively the same with much more comfort.

The university using this oppurtunity to make some money is no brainer.

They factored in loyalty points for long time season ticket holders to balance it out to extent.

But at the end of the day, these teams are there to make money whether we like it or not

I don't totally disagree with anything you said. Except I think you could argue that bringing the stadium up to modern standards is more like something they should do for a variety reasons rather than them doing us a favor.

There are somethings I wish I had done differently and some things I wish the school had done differently. It is what it is. Rationally I knew they weren't "my seats" but TBH seeing someone else sitting there would probably be more salt in the wound then I care to deal with.

Let’s be honest here, football and Men’s basketball pay for every single sport that Syracuse University has

The University pricing on basketball and football are vastly underpriced and have been for years. And even with the new seating they have kept pricing relatively the same with much more comfort.

The university using this oppurtunity to make some money is no brainer.

They factored in loyalty points for long time season ticket holders to balance it out to extent.

But at the end of the day, these teams are there to make money whether we like it or not

Basketball had been greatly underpriced. Football was not. Some sections IMO were overpriced, but some were underpriced.

Now given the product, IMO BBall is overpriced. Hard to justify going from $1355 in A to $2200 and $1900 in the new A. If the team were decent maybe you could justify going up $500 ($1855). To go up $845/$545 when the team is down is a joke. They are really testing the loyalty of the fans here.

And in some ways it was. You had to play the pricing game. But I looked at my donation as a 1 time 10 yr thing. If I divide $3-400 over 10 years and a few tickets its like $1 a game more.

I don't totally disagree with anything you said. Except I think you could argue that bringing the stadium up to modern standards is more like something they should do for a variety reasons rather than them doing us a favor.

There are somethings I wish I had done differently and some things I wish the school had done differently. It is what it is. Rationally I knew they weren't "my seats" but TBH seeing someone else sitting there would probably be more salt in the wound then I care to deal with.
I was displaced from my section by the students, so no chance to get my old seats except by switching to the opposite endzone. I took the opportunity to go from the 300 level to the 200 level with the slightly wider seats and armrests, and I am in the second row of the section. Stayed in the same endzone. I used to be in 247 in the late 90s and early 2000s, so I know the view and like it. We'll see how it goes being near the students. I lean toward thinking that the energy will be fun, especially with the band so close by. And when the Miron Court is done the concourse will be WAY more comfortable to navigate.

Being displaced by the students made the process a bit more exciting, really. Anything was possible. And I knew I couldn't get my old seats back, so I didn't have that pressure and angst.

Can't wait for this season!

Trust me, I get it

I got worse seats through this process and was displaced in football due to the student section.

Nothing was done to help out the people who were displaced, especially in the 100 level ticket holders that were displaced

Overall the process that Syracuse originally came in with vs what they did really did benefit and improve the experience for most long time season ticket holders