Question for season ticket holders. | Syracusefan.com

Question for season ticket holders.

DoubleDee

All American
I am more than likely having to be a non season ticket holder for the first time in 30 years starting next season.
My question is...
Do any of you have seasons, only attend a few games a year, and break even or make money selling the tickets you don't use?

My obvious debate is whether or not I should keep them even though I won't be going, so that I have my pick of games without having to find tix for individual games.
A follow up question would also be because I'm a season ticket holder for football, will I get early options on basketball single game tix?

Thanks, and Go Orange

i have football seasons, and yes u do get an option to buy single game tix the day before they go on sale (maybe earlier even).

As for hoops, if you buy seasons and plan to sell a bunch of them... put my name on stand by and let me know. We would probably buy a few/bunch of the games from ya.

I am more than likely having to be a non season ticket holder for the first time in 30 years starting next season.
My question is...
Do any of you have seasons, only attend a few games a year, and break even or make money selling the tickets you don't use?

My obvious debate is whether or not I should keep them even though I won't be going, so that I have my pick of games without having to find tix for individual games.
A follow up question would also be because I'm a season ticket holder for football, will I get early options on basketball single game tix?

Thanks, and Go Orange
I haven't done this but know people who do, and some have had success doing it for many years. It is a lot easier these days with Stubhub but I think it is still a far amount of work. IMHO, the keys for success are the quality and quantity of the tickets. You need at least 2 and they need to be in a desirable location.

there is a large group of people who have season who made all the money back on the duke game alone..

I thought it was possible. I currently do the stubhub thing when necessary. AND the fact that I do only have ONE seat seems to be a none issue, although I'm sure two would go easier. I am in a great spot though. I spent the last 10-12 years in 309 and upon losing my ticket partner, and moving to one seat they made me move. Now I'm in 211.

I have two season tickets in Section 124 and go to zero or one games per season. I give the rest to my mother, sister, and nephews. I come out ahead intangibly, come out way behind monetarily.

Thanks, and Go Orange

I've been a season ticket holder for the last two seasons and only go to a handful of games but got season tickets for that exact reason. I've had no problem selling them but you can't expect to get rich or break even. I've given some away and made a profit on some as well. I don't look at it like a business transaction because I know the tickets that are the ones worth the most are the ones that I would never sell.

I have two season tickets in Section 124 and go to zero or one games per season. I give the rest to my mother, sister, and nephews. I come out ahead intangibly, come out way behind monetarily.

i think i might be a 5th cousin... check that family tree again for me !

I am a season ticket holder and use them only a few times a year. This year, I will use them exactly twice. But they are always used by friends ... or by people who buy them in silent auctions at charity events. I "lose" a ton of money on them each year, but I view it as a contribution to SU Athletics (which I would probably make anyway), so I don't feel it is lost money.

cto said:
I am a season ticket holder and use them only a few times a year. This year, I will use them exactly twice. But they are always used by friends ... or by people who buy them in silent auctions at charity events. I "lose" a ton of money on them each year, but I view it as a contribution to SU Athletics (which I would probably make anyway), so I don't feel it is lost money.
I may be in the minority here, but expense is an issue. I'm very fortunate to be able to have this luxury is being a STH in two sports. My wife who is the breadwinner, would only continue if we could make it back or close to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom