Question for those who saw game on TV thus had replay: | Syracusefan.com

Question for those who saw game on TV thus had replay:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Were the goaltending/interference calls/no calls correct and what was said a out what appeared to be a missed over and back.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

The Justin Jackson play was not a goaltend; they called one on Melo that looked like it might have been clean; I don't think they showed replays on any other ones.

What over and back play?

The Justin Jackson play was not a goaltend; they called one on Melo that looked like it might have been clean; I don't think they showed replays on any other ones.

What over and back play?
Guy was being pressured by Dion. CLEARLY stepped on half court line. No call, they hit a 3. Was within last 2-3 minutes as I recall. Even some Uconn guys we met couldn't believe they blew the call.

Guy was being pressured by Dion. CLEARLY stepped on half court line. No call, they hit a 3. Was within last 2-3 minutes as I recall. Even some Uconn guys we met couldn't believe they blew the call.

Wow I must have been really drunk, do not remember that at all.

The goaltends were awful both ways, so I would call those a wash honestly.

Happened at the 2:01 mark. The announcers mentioned that the Cincy guy came dangerously close to an over-and-back but there wasn't a replay. Watching it on TV we could tell the Cincy guy's right foot came down on the line or in the backcourt (and could hear the crowd reaction) but Waiters was in the way & we couldn't tell if he passed the ball before the foot came down.

All the non goaltend calls were goaltends. Fab shoud have never touched it because it wasnt even close to going in. The over and back was an over and back as well.

SU got away with 1 goal tend call very early in the game and Cincy got away with 2 goaltends IMO. The refs were consistently bad in the first half, but in the 2nd half robbed Dion of a basket that clearly hit the backboard then was blocked in the 2nd half. We didn't lose because of these calls though.

What over and back play?

What channel did u watch?

They showed replays of every goal tend. And all 3 non calls (2 on them and 1 on us) were OBVIOUS goal tends.

The over and back was at most crucial point of the game where dion and someone else did like a running trap at him and he retreated a good 15 feet back towards the line and looked like he touched it.

What channel did u watch?

They showed replays of every goal tend. And all 3 non calls (2 on them and 1 on us) were OBVIOUS goal tends.

The over and back was at most crucial point of the game where dion and someone else did like a running trap at him and he retreated a good 15 feet back towards the line and looked like he touched it.
I thought the Jackson block was clean, I agree the others were goaltends.

Now that you describe the over and back play I remember it, I guess I didn't realize it might have been over and back.

Were the goaltending/interference calls/no calls correct and what was said a out what appeared to be a missed over and back.

Not only the over and back - but I was screaming at the game that the referees missed a UC player stepping on the baseline on an inbounds play. Of course that also ended up in a 3 for UC. That and the over and back upset me far more than any of the no-calls (since I thought both teams got away with goal tends and muggings that didn't get called).

The over and back was missed. But they sure didn't miss KJ stepping on the end line -- by an inch.

Seemed to me that for much of the game, the refs thought they were watching a game instead of referinging a game. Obvious in the 1st half with only what a total of 3 fouls called and they missed what looked like obvious goal tends from both teams. In the 2nd half again they looked to be spectators at times then realized they had whistles for a reason and blew them well after several plays again both sides.

I was a little tipsy, but those non-calls were maddening. I counted two goaltends, 8 Cinci fouls, and the over-and-back. The over and back non-call was HUGE, what with it being a 3-6 point swing in the most crucial stretch of the game.

Also, has anyone, ever, at a basketball game, had a group of about 5 people (none wearing any team apparel or colors, so not sure who they were rooting for), yell at you and your friends for standing up and clapping at various points during the game? It happened to me (and the other Orange fans around me) for the first time last night. I ignored them at first, but then got a little chippy. It probably would have gotten worse if another Syracuse fan hadn't told me calm down and have some class (if you're on this board, thanks, the evening ended badly enough without a scuffle). Or is that just an unwritten MSG thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom