question on the eton girlfriend article | Syracusefan.com

question on the eton girlfriend article

upperdeck

Living Legend
if an athlete gets injured and has a scholie and can no longer play i though they had a process where the player was allowed to finish out the degree process and get a scholie but not an athletic scholie?

they dont penalize the school or the player for an injury they just have to document it as such..

is this not true?

Scholarships are awarded on a year-by-year basis. So if the athlete can't play a sport anymore, they will most likely not be awarded a scholly for the following year. But to answer your question, I'm sure the school could give some sort of academic scholarship or financial aid if they wanted to, but it's not required.

there is very little reason for a school to not honor a Medical Hardship Scholarship. it doesn't count towards the scholie limit and its not counted the same as a regular scholie as far as the ncaa money the athletic department has to move around..

if the student wants to continue to play or play at another school then that causes an issue.

It probably depends on how the schools' financial dept allocates funding. It wouldn't count towards the total allocated to the scholarship limit for womens' basketball team as regulated by the NCAA. However it may count towards the funds allocated by a university to the athletic department, the womens' programs, then the womens basketball program. There probably isn't a general university scholarship fund for athletes medically unable to continue their athletic careers.

if an athlete gets injured and has a scholie and can no longer play i though they had a process where the player was allowed to finish out the degree process and get a scholie but not an athletic scholie?

they dont penalize the school or the player for an injury they just have to document it as such..

is this not true?
The FB team tried to run a DL out (kid was a big recruit, but never did much. Can't remember his name.) Kid's teachers went ape on Paul. (He was a good student). Wound up with an academic scholarship.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom