Question: TEs WRs | Syracusefan.com

Question: TEs WRs

J

JoeySimz

Does the Babers Offense utilize the tight ends much? Will we eventually see more of Kendall Moore or Josh Paris? Or even the bigger receiver Jamal Custis? I always thought these guys were quite capable. Are they just not a good fit for this system or just not good enough period to get more time?
Seems like we could use their physicality for blocking at least.

System fit or not, what a waste of talent with Jamal Custis. Unless he's a head case or dogs it in practice, I just do not get it at all.

Same with Enoicy.

Bowling Greens TE last year had 18 catches for 108 yards. If we ever get a TE that could be split out or stay healthy I could see it being used more. The Bowling Green games I watch last year I saw them using the TE more as a H-back/FB role in the backfield. As far as Custis and Enoicy they need to stay healthy and I'm sure we don't get to see the big picture, but if these guys where bringing it practice I'm sure they would be getting playing time. Finally note just because they are tall receivers I doubt they want to put their hand in the dirt and block a DE or LB.

Bowling Greens TE last year had 18 catches for 108 yards. If we ever get a TE that could be split out or stay healthy I could see it being used more. The Bowling Green games I watch last year I saw them using the TE more as a H-back/FB role in the backfield. As far as Custis and Enoicy they need to stay healthy and I'm sure we don't get to see the big picture, but if these guys where bringing it practice I'm sure they would be getting playing time. Finally note just because they are tall receivers I doubt they want to put their hand in the dirt and block a DE or LB.

From my SU Football preview: "Fifteen players caught passes for Bowling Green last year. Two of them were listed as tight ends. They caught a total of 20 passes for 122 yards but 5 of them were for scores, the longest from 20 yards out. It sounds as if Babers likes to use his tight end in the red zone. The reason for the four wide-outs is probably because he doesn’t use a tight end at all until he gets there."

He did use Cam McPherson a couple of times on short passes Friday night on short passes that weren't near the goal line. He got a total of 4 yards.

From my SU Football preview: "Fifteen players caught passes for Bowling Green last year. Two of them were listed as tight ends. They caught a total of 20 passes for 122 yards but 5 of them were for scores, the longest from 20 yards out. It sounds as if Babers likes to use his tight end in the red zone. The reason for the four wide-outs is probably because he doesn’t use a tight end at all until he gets there."

He did use Cam McPherson a couple of times on short passes Friday night on short passes that weren't near the goal line. He got a total of 4 yards.
Thank you, sir.

Thanks. Speaking of blocking, I thought Moore had a few good plays, albeit in garbage time. One was a pretty impressive block that took out that side of the line and got the runner some yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom