Question | Syracusefan.com

Question

SanDiegoCuse

All Conference
I know, I know. The numbers always seem to work themselves out.

However, does having this huge number of commits, this early mean either of these two things?

Is the theory that if higher rated kids commit here over the next several months that some of the others will de-commit?

And/or do they plan to be less aggressive in the transfer portal in the upcoming offseason?

I wholeheartedly realize that we probably won’t/don’t currently know the answer to these questions but I am curious to what you guys think.

I know, I know. The numbers always seem to work themselves out.

However, does having this huge number of commits, this early mean either of these two things?

Is the theory that if higher rated kids commit here over the next several months that some of the others will de-commit?

And/or do they plan to be less aggressive in the transfer portal in the upcoming offseason?

I wholeheartedly realize that we probably won’t/don’t currently know the answer to these questions but I am curious to what you guys think.
Wait and see who gets an official written offer. That's the committable one.

NCAA might cap total roster at 95 and abolish scholarship cap, which would mean 10 more scholarships to give out.
Thought the figure tossed out was 110 with no PWO's.

Thought the figure tossed out was 110 with no PWO's.

The NCAA is set to eliminate the current scholarship cap in football, which is currently set at 85 scholarships per team. In place of this cap, a lower overall roster limit is expected to be introduced. This means that while schools may no longer be restricted by the number of scholarships they can offer, they will have to operate within a tighter total roster limit. Essentially, this could lead to a significant reduction in the number of players each team can have, potentially dropping from as many as 130 players to just 85 or 90.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom