Questions About Carrier Dome | Syracusefan.com

Questions About Carrier Dome

jamesa123

Walk On
Going to my first Orange Game! I am relatively new to College Basketball.

1. Of the remaining home games, which one would be the most exciting?

2. Where are the best seats to get the best view?

3. What kind of concessions do they sell there?

4. Is the dome loud inside during a game? I love loud games.

5. Would you bring a young kid with you? My young cousin may want to go with me also.

Thanks for your help and Go Orange!

Welcome to SU basketball ...
1- any ACC game is worth it. Weekend games always draw a bigger crowd. UNC, ND or Pitt should draw good crowds
2-if you can swing it 1st level 123,124, 114 are all good but 3rd level lower really aren't too bad
3-concessions aren't great but have a variety of stadium food- wouldn't recommend eating there! Go to Varsity For pizza before or after instead.
4-it is called the loud house- but depends on the game
5- lots of kids, if doesn't tolerate noise, headphones work.

Very exciting you will be going to your first game! You'll love it.

As for most exciting, that's a tough one. Wisconsin should be the best out of the remaining non-conference home games... But that's this week, so my recommendation is to wait for ACC play. UNC will be an exciting one no matter what, but most students won't be back yet, so that takes something away. Pittsburgh would be a solid option... Weekend game and old Big East rival. NC State would be good also and that's our home finale.

As for best seats... 105-112 or 122-125 are probably the best view wise. They are pretty pricey though... expect to spend a few hundred for a pair during the big games. 304-316 are higher up, but offer more reasonable prices and you get a nice view of the court. Honestly, I've sat in most sections, and my experience has been fine every time.

For concessions, it's pretty standard... Hot dogs, nachos, pizza, ice cream... Nothing fancy like you see at some of the pro team arenas.

Yes, the Dome can get loud... Just depends on the game. UNC, Pitt, NC State, Notre Dame all offer your best shot at getting a loud game. Sit near the student section if you want the loudest experience. I graduated last year, but students are on their feet the whole game.

And yes, kids are welcome... They make it great for families. There is a family section in the 300 section, but anywhere you sit with kids will be fine. And there will be many families there no matter what game you go to.

5. Would you bring a young kid with you? My young cousin may want to go with me also.

They have a trough type urinals.

Why limit yourself to one game? Go to the Wisconsin or Colgate game just to get a feel, you may find you want to go to more games instead of waiting to the end of the year and only having the chance for 1 or 2.

Why limit yourself to one game? Go to the Wisconsin or Colgate game just to get a feel, you may find you want to go to more games instead of waiting to the end of the year and only having the chance for 1 or 2.

I am only limiting myself to one game because it is a long drive from my house to the Carrier Dome. Also I am only a senior in HS (I already applied to Syracuse University) and I can only do Saturday games.

Would the Syracuse-Cornell Game at Carrier Dome be loud and competitive?
The Cornell fans will be loudly shouting, "That's all right, that's OK, you're going to work for us someday!"

Mostly depends on the time and date...

Just out of curiosity where you driving from?

1. Any of the high profile ACC games, Duke, UNC, ND, Pitt...etc
2. I like the seats near the curtain
3. Usual...Pizza, Hot Dogs, Pretzles, nachos, and the junk food
4. Depends game and time...If the students are there, it should be rocking.
5. Yeah bring a kid, might get a couple drunk fans, but that's about all.

Probably not , well hopefully not competitive. Students will be gone for semester break - so attendance will be down. One positive is that better seats at good prices will be available.

You definitely want to see a game when the students are there. Games that are nationally televised on ESPN or CBS usually get the best crowds for atmosphere.

Mostly depends on the time and date...

Just out of curiosity where you driving from?

Driving from a little north of nyc. On top of that, most of my track meets are on Saturday so I picked a Saturday that was open.

Driving from a little north of nyc. On top of that, most of my track meets are on Saturday so I picked a Saturday that was open.
Drive with care, and have a good and safe trip. Have fun.