Quick belated game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick belated game thoughts

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Didn't really look at the board. Had to watch the game at a sports bar sans sound. I also DVR'd did but will probably just erase it. To me it came down to a couple of obvious things.

- Last three possessions I think of regulation. What a disaster. MCW, good lord. All we needed is probably 1 point. 1 freaking point, get fouled, something. Nope, three straight turnovers I believe. Bad, bad decisions by MCW. Can't pin that one play on Coleman, either.

- Missed layups. Christmas and Grant on those. Quite a few. Oy. Villanova got a couple of huge offensive rebounds as well at the end of regulation and in OT. Guys were jumping right over Fair and snatching them or were just quicker to the ball in these wild loose ball situations. Sloppy.

Didn't really look at the board. Had to watch the game at a sports bar sans sound. I also DVR'd did but will probably just erase it. To me it came down to a couple of obvious things.

- Last three possessions I think of regulation. What a disaster. MCW, good lord. All we needed is probably 1 point. 1 freaking point, get fouled, something. Nope, three straight turnovers I believe. Bad, bad decisions by MCW. Can't pin that one play on Coleman, either.

- Missed layups. Christmas and Grant on those. Quite a few. Oy. Villanova got a couple of huge offensive rebounds as well at the end of regulation and in OT. Guys were jumping right over Fair and snatching them or were just quicker to the ball in these wild loose ball situations. Sloppy.
But c'mon, it is Cooney's fault!!! ;) Good post.

But c'mon, it is Cooney's fault!!! ;) Good post.
I haven't seen many people blaming Cooney for tonights game (I might have missed some of these posts), but I do think people are just starting to hit their breaking point with Cooney as an overall player (I will admit that I did today). Airballing an uncontested three really should never happen especially at that point in the game. Cooney doesn't yet have that killer instinct. Hopefully he gaisn one. We need a Rautins 2.0.

I haven't seen many people blaming Cooney for tonights game (I might have missed some of these posts), but I do think people are just starting to hit their breaking point with Cooney as an overall player (I will admit that I did today). Airballing an uncontested three really should never happen especially at that point in the game. Cooney doesn't yet have that killer instinct. Hopefully he gaisn one. We need a Rautins 2.0.

I got laughed at/scolded in a chat a few weeks ago when I suggested that Cooney may have gone past the point of no return mentally for THIS season. He's done confidence-wise now. It's almost Feb.

I got laughed at/scolded in a chat a few weeks ago when I suggested that Cooney may have gone past the point of no return mentally for THIS season. He's done confidence-wise now. It's almost Feb.
Agreed and I understand the posts that people are making about his inconsistent minutes being a factor behind his product. BUT if he can't produce in limited minutes and isn't going to get major minutes then maybe his minutes need to be further reduced (difficult because of depth but a better chance at winning games).

"Cooney doesn't yet have that killer instinct"

Killer instinct!!?

Id settle for toe cramp inducing instinct...let alone wounding instinct..and certainly killer instinct is just a pipe dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom