Quick game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick game thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Big victory that puts us on the bubble. I believe winning tonight would put us in the dance
  • Dolezaj has been getting better and better every game. Love seeing his confidence grow.
  • Love seeing us start to use Dolezaj for the pick and roll. Was going to post before the last game the idea of using Brissett instead of Chuckwu for this, since he can be a threat move than 1 foor from the basket, but Dolezac is a big improvement here, as well. The difference is Brissett can be a 3 point threat, well sometimes.
  • Safe to say Brissett struggled mightily on the Offensive end. Still helped in other areas, though.
  • Chukwu plays hard and is very valuable on Defense, but it kills me that he still lets the ball get poked away from him every game. Needs to hug and swing out those elbows, if necessary. He did it once last night, but needs to do it after every rebound. I know he scored some points last night, but we need to stop passing him the ball when he is more than 2 feet from the basket. Layup and dunk range-anything else is asking for trouble.
  • Battle carried us in the 1st half and Howard played well, too.
  • Is it just me or did the refs just say in the last few minutes of the game-"screw it, let's try to make this into a game" before proceeding to call fouls on SU nearly every play, offensively and defensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom