Quick Question About Greensboro/ACC Tourney | Syracusefan.com

Quick Question About Greensboro/ACC Tourney

SyracuseTD

Walk On
Hey guys,

So I'm heading to the ACC tourney this year in Greensboro, NC with my dad, my two uncles, and my grandpa. We were wondering if anyone on the board has been to Greensboro and knows of the Syracuse bars around there. Thanks! Hopefully the Cuse can make our trip worthwhile.

My guess is that the 1st year in the ACC, no town, especially Greensboro, will have a Syracuse bar. My guess is, wherever Tomcat lays his hat, that will be the place to be.

I have never been to Greensboro, have done absolutely no research and the only thing I know about it is that the rich soil and smell of honeysuckle there are quite awesome.

Where are we gonna gather? Are there bars near the arena?

There's always plenty of beer consumed in the parking lot at the Greensboro Coliseum during the tournament. Don't worry about the supposed ban on alcohol. If the ban is enforced this year, it will be the first time. As long as you don't make a nuisance of yourself it's no problem.

Hey guys,

So I'm heading to the ACC tourney this year in Greensboro, NC with my dad, my two uncles, and my grandpa. We were wondering if anyone on the board has been to Greensboro and knows of the Syracuse bars around there. Thanks! Hopefully the Cuse can make our trip worthwhile.
I thought I had read on this forum or possibly another about a sports bar where the owner was either from Syracuse or had graduated from Syracuse. The name of the sports bar is Stumble Stilskins at 202 W Market St (look out for one way street). Phone 336-691-1222. Check ahead to be certain it is a Syracuse bar.

As long as you don't make a nuisance of yourself it's no problem.

image.jpg

I'm out.

Hey guys,

Stumble Stilskins in Downtown Greensboro is home to any and all Cuse fans in the area! A few of us employees are from Syracuse and surrounding cities and we are the only bar in Greensboro that reps all Syracuse sports! Located at 202 W. Market St it's only 3 miles from the Coliseum in the heart of Downtown Greensboro. Contact us at 336.691.1222 for more info. We open at 11 am everyday and close at 2 am every night with full kitchen and menu all day and night long.

Cuse has an open bar / buffet thing on the general grounds there.

Cuse has an open bar / buffet thing on the general grounds there.

https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/SYR/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=169576

SU EXCLUSIVE BACCOURT CLUB

ORANGE FAN Buffet

Thursday, March 13 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 14 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 15 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Greensboro Coliseum ComplexSpecial Events Center Hall B
1921 W. Lee Street
Greensboro, NC 27403
MAP

Southern Buffet on Thursday & Friday / Saturday Lunch
Includes: Unlimited Food, Beer /Wine, soft drinks EACH day!
PRESALE ONLY - NO SALES AT THE DOOR

https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/SYR/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=169576

SU EXCLUSIVE BACCOURT CLUB

ORANGE FAN Buffet

Thursday, March 13 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 14 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 15 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Greensboro Coliseum ComplexSpecial Events Center Hall B
1921 W. Lee Street
Greensboro, NC 27403
MAP
Southern Buffet on Thursday & Friday / Saturday Lunch
Includes: Unlimited Food, Beer /Wine, soft drinks EACH day!
PRESALE ONLY - NO SALES AT THE DOOR

I signed up for this thing. No idea what to expect. Hoping for frosty ginger ale and a good burger. Will settle for a lukewarm Mr Pip and a tuna sandwich.

Reactions: cto
I signed up for this thing. No idea what to expect. Hoping for frosty ginger ale and a good burger. Will settle for a lukewarm Mr Pip and a tuna sandwich.

Fish on Friday.

My bet is it whatever they serve it will be battered and deep fried.

Stumble Stilskins is 3 miles from the arena in Downtown Greensboro and is the area's only Syracuse Friendly bar. The owners and majority of the staff are all from up north and the drink specials and food is incredible! 202 W. Market Street at the Intersection of Market and Greene Street. 336.691.1222 and website is www.stumblestilskns.com

Nice avatar...

Natty Greene's is not worth your time. Their beer is no better than dome foam.

VA Orange and I signed up for it too.

Don't eat the tuna if it's lukewarm :). It'll make for a long weekend.

Restaurant recommendation: Dames Chicken and Waffles
http://www.dameschickenwaffles.com/

(I can't vouch for it personally, but my friends have been to the Durham location several times and LOVE it... and I will be making them take me there)
The Greensboro location is 2.5 miles from the Coliseum.
(Their website right now says it is closed for a power outage.. although I assume that is fixed by now!)

One thing on the menu...tea. Better ask
Restaurant recommendation: Dames Chicken and Waffles
http://www.dameschickenwaffles.com/

(I can't vouch for it personally, but my friends have been to the Durham location several times and LOVE it... and I will be making them take me there)
The Greensboro location is 2.5 miles from the Coliseum.
(Their website right now says it is closed for a power outage.. although I assume that is fixed by now!)

Not necessarily. Some of that area of Greensboro is still without power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom