Quick question for the board | Syracusefan.com

Quick question for the board

Briancuse

Living Legend
20 games to go, would you take 10-10 the rest of the way, or has the 10-1 start changed your mind about this team, and you expect better?

I would take it while being mildly disappointed
Yup. That would give us 20 wins - certainly not a guarantee of dancing, but playing in the ACC, it should be enough to get us in.

Do I want more at this point? Absolutely. But gun to my head, yeah, I'd take that now. Especially given who we have coming in next year. Let the players who remain get that experience. It will be valuable.

Yup. That would give us 20 wins - certainly not a guarantee of dancing, but playing in the ACC, it should be enough to get us in.

Do I want more at this point? Absolutely. But gun to my head, yeah, I'd take that now. Especially given who we have coming in next year. Let the players who remain get that experience. It will be valuable.
I don't think 10-10 the rest of the way gets us in. That would likely mean going 8-10 In ACC. I think we need at least 11 more wins.
That said, I think I would accept 10-10 the rest of the way and an NIT bid, but I would be disappointed as I am any time we don't make the NCAAs.

If this team goes 10-10 i think they have done a great job, getting to .500 in the ACC means JB has done a crazy great job of coaching and filling a ton of holes.. If we can get 2 healthy centers to the end of the year is very possible to finish 4-6th in the league

No. And being greedy has nothing to do with it. If we can beat the Bonnies, we will most likely be 12-1 ooc. I think we can/should go at least 9-9 or 10-8 and that is 21 or 22 wins.

agree. win the next 2, then go 9-9 or 10-8 in acc

so anything less than 11-9 would be disappointing to me.

10 wins in the ACC would be great. Our team is beat up and we haven't entered league play yet. Our bench depth inexplicably quit the team ... too many impossibilities to overcome. Love our team this year, fun to watch, but they are young and that doesn't often translate to wins.

10 wins in the ACC would be great. Our team is beat up and we haven't entered league play yet. Our bench depth inexplicably quit the team ... too many impossibilities to overcome. Love our team this year, fun to watch, but they are young and that doesn't often translate to wins.
We still have 2 more games OOC, so that would be 8-10 in conference.

I would be happy with 11-9 from this point on. Anything less would be disappointing and might mean the NIT barring a decent showing in the ACC tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom