Quick SU-Buffalo thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick SU-Buffalo thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • It wasn't just being outrebounded. It seems Buffalo got every loose ball
  • How many times did you see a nice pass that lead to an open shot? I saw way more guys trying to force their way through double teams
  • Looks like Dolezaj has lost his confidence. he got his mojo last year after moving to the starting lineup. I'd move him back to the starting lineup and bring Hughes off the bench to come in and give us a boost as our sixth man
  • I'd like to see us work our offense more through Battle. He's still our best player
  • Carey gives us a different dimension with his speed. Still hasn't shown he shoot from outside
  • I also think Sidibe could give us more offensively if we posted him up. he showed it last year. It must be frustrating to just be used on Offense to set picks 35 feet from the basket, especially when everyone knows you're not a threat from there.
  • I can't believe how many dunks/shots within 2 feet that brissett misses. he did have one beautiful shot that was an And 1.
  • I knew it was a bad sign when we were shooting so well in the 1st half and still barely in the lead
  • We have a more physically talented team than all the teams we have lost to. We even have decent experience. Something needs to changed up

I agree with the need to change something up. With FH in the game, he seemed to hold onto the ball for 10-15 seconds waiting for something to happen.

At times, I was ready for a lineup of HW, BB, Battle, Hughs, MD just to try SOMETHING

Bottom line though. We just aren't good.

I agree with the need to change something up. With FH in the game, he seemed to hold onto the ball for 10-15 seconds waiting for something to happen.
Thanks for reminding me about that. That's something else I wanted to mention. We have too much dribbling, not enough passing. That's why we're often struggling to get a shot off with the clock winding down.

I apologize in advance for not reading anything in this thread. I am frankly too depressed and dont want to dive into a deeper hole (syracuse related depression - nothing to really worry about)

But i did want to use this thread to say that UB fans showed up in force. Were respectful for the most part (although i hated the idiot sitting behind the basket next to our famous double towel waving guy) and it they had a great time singing their buffalo songs after the game.

As much as it stung me to my core. I was genuinely happy for them.

I agree on Sibide, he showed flashes last year in the paint. Also agree on MD, he needs to find a rhythm and can't do it in 9 mins per game.

I watched a condensed version of the UNC v. Gonzaga game this morning. Each team had multiple players who could score from the block. We don't even have anybody post up with a chance to get the ball anymore! My kingdom for Arinze on this team.

I agree on Sibide, he showed flashes last year in the paint. Also agree on MD, he needs to find a rhythm and can't do it in 9 mins per game.

I watched a condensed version of the UNC v. Gonzaga game this morning. Each team had multiple players who could score from the block. We don't even have anybody post up with a chance to get the ball anymore! My kingdom for Arinze on this team.

Hell, my kingdom for Perkins of UB.

I have no earthly idea how that beast of man comes off the bench. He is 1 of the best players these 2 eyes have ever seen on a mid major.

Did anyone see the resemblance of Perkins to Stewart? Same number and body type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom