Quick SU-Duke thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick SU-Duke thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • I don't know about you guys, but I've been in a great mood since about 6 PM Saturday
  • As bad as the OL has been, that's how good they were on Saturday, particularly run blocking. Holes galore.
  • Moe and Jarveon obviously were the stars, but JJ showed some power on that last TD run. Think he has star potential
  • More Benson, please. He is a matchup nightmare.
  • The TD to Taj connection still not there. Very odd. Not saying we should bench Taj, but would really like to see what some of the other guys can do, esp. Cam Jordan.
  • Obviously the D was amazing. Still would like to see less missed tackles, esp. considering how few tackles we break. Is it talent, fundamentals, effort? Has been a problem for a while
  • The Secondary shut down their WR's and the D-Line finally played like their hair was on fire. How much was Mckinley?Stanard? Very young Duke OL? Probably a combo of the 3, but promising.
  • Will be interesting to see if the D can play like that the next 2 (or 3) games. If so, puts a lot of pressure on Dino to give Stanard the job full-time. If we keep him, we need to use that extra spot to bring in a stud recruiter.
  • What has happened to our return game? it was so good last year and we have the same returner. Not much blocking there.
  • Maybe this is picky, but I thought it was a wasted opportunity to get some new bodies some good experience. I'm talking Cantin-Arku (at LB), Jonas, our young CB's (Cole, Smurf, Williams), Rondi, Queeley, C. Jordan, Courtney Jackson, P. Davis. That game was over at the end of the 3rd and it seems we made very few personnel changes until a few minutes left in the game. Don't have many opportunities to get these guys live reps to put on film, especially against P5 schools and thought we wasted it.

Last edited:
Good post. Agree on everything. Feel like I should disagree with something just out of principle.

Okay...You should have used a numbering system instead of dots.

Good post, quick note , Jarwar Jordan looks good. How many games has he played ? Speed we haven't seen at RB. At least thats what it seems like . Anyone know his 40 time.

Good post, quick note , Jarwar Jordan looks good. How many games has he played ? Speed we haven't seen at RB. At least thats what it seems like . Anyone know his 40 time.
I think I read on one of the articles posted about him that he ran a 4.37

Syracuse won because I wasn't watching the game on TV. I've learned that I jinx the team when I do. I didn't watch the bowl game either. You are all very welcome and owe me a drink. :p

Syracuse won because I wasn't watching the game on TV. I've learned that I jinx the team when I do. I didn't watch the bowl game either. You are all very welcome and owe me a drink. :p
No offense but PLEASE don’t watch the next two games then. LOL. We have to find a way to win these last two games somehow.

Don't know his 40, but he is blazing fast in pads, and that's all that matters
Jordan is surprisingly strong too. That is twice in his limited play that I have seen him run between the guards, get hit not go down and move the pile forward. Yes I do realize he got help from the offensive line but still that was impressive. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

Re: the defense -- I wonder if it isn't just McKinley Williams, but also Iffy and Cisco being back at full strength. Those guys missed time, as well.

Perhaps it bodes well -- oddly enough for this time of year, we're actually getting healthy / adding depth instead of being depleted.

Yes, your last point is picky. With the way this season has gone I wouldn't take any chances either.

Thought one of the mods posted an article during his recruitment that said he posted the 2nd or 3rd fastest 100 meter time for a high schooler in the U.S. I could be wrong. Sometimes I remember things the way I want them to be and not how they actually are.

And for those saying redshift him he lost a year already because of the NCAA. If he turns out to be what we hope he will be he is draft eligible as a junior. If he can return a kickoff or punt which Riley doesn't seem to want too, let him try.

And for those saying redshift him he lost a year already because of the NCAA. If he turns out to be what we hope he will be he is draft eligible as a junior. If he can return a kickoff or punt which Riley doesn't seem to want too, let him try.
He didn't lose a year at all, he wasn't enrolled in college and the clock doesn't start ticking until you are enrolled.

Don't know his 40, but he is blazing fast in pads, and that's all that matters

Yep, this is the only relevant evaluation.

If guys are running him down, his 40 time isn't good enough.

If he is running away from guys, it's pretty good.