Quick thoughts from SU-Miami | Syracusefan.com

Quick thoughts from SU-Miami

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Pleasure to hear Raftery and Eagle on the call. Miss hearing Raftery doing our games
  • I mentioned a while ago (I think after Georgetown) that if Brissett can become a legitimate consistent scorer, we become a serious NCAA threat. I also had mentioned that I thought Dolezaj had more to give on the offensive end. Believe he averaged 17 a game last year. Nice to see both these guys step up these last few games and become legitimate threats in their own way. It says something when we can beat a good team like Miami without Battle doing much. I truly believe if Brissett and Dolezaj can keep this up consistently, we can beat anyone on a given night.
  • Howard cutting down on his turnovers has been big as well. His flip shot is also virtually unblockable for most guys. Good to hear he has been practicing his ball handling with Devendorf.
  • I made fun of Chukwu's hands earlier in the year, but he has gotten better and much stronger with the ball.
  • The inseason improvement of several of our guys, including FT shooting, is very encouraging. Often in the regular season, we reach our peak early and don't feel our guys improve their shooting-That has traditionally happened more in the offseason. Very gratifying to see and need to give a lot of credit to the players like Chukwu, Dolezaj, as well as the staff.

Preach. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you posted. I also believe the best development for the tourney prospects is Money Marek taking and making the open 15' jumper. It can't be overstated how much that will open up this offense that is so good at driving the lane. Right alongside that is the improvement OB has made with his 3.

I really like this starting 5 - but the lack of depth is depressing. If we had a healthy Sidbie/Moyer and Geno stayed, I would think this team could make it to the 2nd weekend. It's a shame we really only have 5 healthy scholly guys.

we are MENUDO minus the depth. and yes raftery is the best.

Preach. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you posted. I also believe the best development for the tourney prospects is Money Marek taking and making the open 15' jumper. It can't be overstated how much that will open up this offense that is so good at driving the lane. Right alongside that is the improvement OB has made with his 3.

And Marek can pass to a cutter when the defense finally comes out to guard him better than anyone we've had since Andy.

Absolutely-Marek confidently hitting a mid-range means we're no longer playing 3 on 5 on Offense. Chukwu, Sidibe, and Dolezaj have also improved their FT shooting from the beginning of the year. When do you se our guys do that during the season?

Marek had a great 2nd half against Miami but I want to see it in few more games before I say we have 4 potential solid scorers on the team. Agree with you on OB on the 3-pointer improvement. I don't agree too much with orangepassion on Chukwu. I hold my breath every time he gets a rebound or someone passes to him. I almost threw the remote at the TV when he got the ball unguarded right under the basket and softly laid it up -- and missed. JB had a few choice words for him when he returned to the bench during a time out -- and sat.

Marek had a great 2nd half against Miami but I want to see it in few more games before I say we have 4 potential solid scorers on the team. Agree with you on OB on the 3-pointer improvement. I don't agree too much with orangepassion on Chukwu. I hold my breath every time he gets a rebound or someone passes to him. I almost threw the remote at the TV when he got the ball unguarded right under the basket and softly laid it up -- and missed. JB had a few choice words for him when he returned to the bench during a time out -- and sat.

Chukwu has gotten better from earlier this season but he's still not good. Its just that he set the bar so low at the beginning that it was pretty easy to show any improvement. He still has a long way to go though.

We could be Top 10 good next year...if Battle stays...if not still could be a Sweet 16 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom