Quick Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts

OrangeBlood

Starter
Team finally played to its potential and we were impressive. This result just shows what the program is capable of if we don't cost ourselves the game. We could very easily be 7-3.

Doug is not perfect by any means but he is the right coach for SU. I don't believe we can attract anyone much better. What Doug lacks in game management, he makes up in character and motivation. He is a class act and I think he can get the program competitive in the ACC.

Great game by Nassib, fitting way to end his career at the dome. Seems like yesterday he was the wild gun slinger backing up Paulus. He should be 1st team all BE QB and maybe even BE POY. The throw to Lemon down the sidelines was one of the nicest throws I have ever seen him make. It was NFL throw.

Lemon was excellent. UofL couldn't cover him. When he's healthy he is a great possession receiver. He was the only real passing threat as Sales or West didn't do much.

OL was dominant. Pugh and Chibane has their best game in their senior days. Just dominated. I honestly believe that was the best OL performance in over ten years.

Defensive game plan was to stop the run, blitz and give them nothing deep. Worked really well. Teddy checked down all day and and was forced to scramble regularly.

DL played really well, I wish they could finish a sack however. Frustrating.

Dy Davis seemed to be all over the field. Also noticed that Lynch played a ton. I think he may be the MLB next year.

Really like our corners. With them all coming back next year, the future is bright.

Finally, glad Shamarko is ok. He is a warrior. I have so much respect for him.

Next week will be interesting, we don't play good on the road but we will have confidence. Mizzou got a good win at UT. Franklin is a baller. Would be nice to not have to worry about bowl eligibility at Temple.

This may get a lot of laughs but I honestly believe that we are the best team in the Big East. We have the best QB and offense. Our defense has played good enough in conference play except for UC and USF. We lost ourselves the Big East title, I don't think anyone truly beat us.

That being said the BE is a joke. Rutgers maybe the worst unbeaten team this late in the season ever. I think they may lose 2 games to end the season. UofL will probably run the table and go play in the orange bowl. Can not help but think that this was our season to go back to the orange bowl.

You wont get a laugh out of me. When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot we are the best team in the BE. I don't want to hear anyone say...oh woe is me, we don't have as much talent as anyone else. Bull.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Doug means it when he says that this is a good team. He also meant it when he said this that team had a significantly better chance at beating L'ville than our previous years. One can only wonder where we'd be if it wasn't for silly mistakes costing us a number of games.

I won't laugh at that--it is true. We outplayed both Rutgers and Cincinnati, and blew two winnable games [the refs were a factor in both games, contributing to the losses, too].

That makes it even more frustrating that we are fighting for our bowl eligible lives at 5-5, when we could easily be 7-3, 8-2, or maybe even 9-1.

But thank god we got this win--a much needed shot in the arm for our bowl chances this year.

You wont get a laugh out of me. When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot we are the best team in the BE. I don't want to hear anyone say...oh woe is me, we don't have as much talent as anyone else. Bull.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand how anyone could watch that game today and think we are not more talented than them. Absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage, which is one thing more talented teams do.

How many big mistakes did Louisville make? The punt drop was big. What else? The INT was after the game was decided. We were more talented overall. And didn't make mistakes. So we won big. Doesn't seem that hard to me.

I've thought all year that we were the best team on the field but just beat ourselves. This game showed how good we really are, what could have been and what could be yet too come. See you all at the bowl game!!! Let's go Cuse!!

Agreed - our line is great - we play well in the trenches it's just the mistakes that kill us.

I'd like to see us give kobena the ball in space more - on quick screens. I'd also like to see the wildcat with some of our guys a little. Ore. - if Broyld or kinder are up to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom