Quick Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts

B

Brooky03

Why we lost: Interior defense and rebounding, again. Gonna be a running theme
Who sucked? Malachi and Cooney were especially atrocious.
Who was good? G played well eventually. Coleman had his best game of the season. edit: Roberson, too! Can't believe I almost forgot him.

Other thoughts:

-Howard looked great for a Freshman coming into a hostile environment with very limited experience. He's the closest thing we have to a PG.

-Lydon hasn't regressed. Teams are just gameplanning for him now, so he (the coaches) needs to recognize that and find different ways to score. Not much he can do on defense at the 5.

-Overall, Hopkins coached well. Made good moves getting Howard in the game and letting Coleman play some more minutes. Our press looked good.

Why we lost: Interior defense and rebounding, again. Gonna be a running theme
Who sucked? Malachi and Cooney were especially atrocious.
Who was good? G played well eventually. Coleman had his best game of the season. edit: Roberson, too! Can't believe I almost forgot him.

Other thoughts:

-Howard looked great for a Freshman coming into a hostile environment with very limited experience. He's the closest thing we have to a PG.

-Lydon hasn't regressed. Teams are just gameplanning for him now, so he (the coaches) needs to recognize that and find different ways to score. Not much he can do on defense at the 5.

-Overall, Hopkins coached well. Made good moves getting Howard in the game and letting Coleman play some more minutes. Our press looked good.

I was a little confused by Hop's substitution patterns coming down the stretch. I thought he was trying to sub DC and Roberson offense for defense, but then he subbed Coleman out on the second of two Georgetown free throws with a couple of minutes remaining.

That said, I'm not sure you can make any judgment of Hop from this game. Little advance notice to prepare...unclear what impact the suspension may have had on the team and ultimately he's running JB's system as he has to continue to get the team ready for the way JB will play them when he returns.

i didn't think silent (g) was all that impressive. but i'd agree with you the scouting report on lydon is out of the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom