Quiet Period | Syracusefan.com

Quiet Period

Noexcuse

Living Legend
So am I to assume that because it is a quiet period, the new coach at Rutgers (whoever it ends up being) if he is hired today, cannot contact recruits before Wednesday to reassure them that every thing is ok?

Dead period: Jan 30 through Feb 2. The college coach may not have any in-person contact with the prospective student-athlete or the prospect’s parents at any time. The coach may write and telephone during this time.

Quiet period: Feb 3 through April 15. The college may not have any in-person talk with the prospective student-athlete or the parents off the college’s campus. The coach may not watch the prospect play or practice.The prospective student-athlete can visit college campuses during this time and a coach may write or telephone.

Dead period: Jan 30 through Feb 2. The college coach may not have any in-person contact with the prospective student-athlete or the prospect’s parents at any time. The coach may write and telephone during this time.

Thanks for positing that. I'd imagine our staff is hammering the phones with Owens, Glanton and Brantley then.

So am I to assume that because it is a quiet period, the new coach at Rutgers (whoever it ends up being) if he is hired today, cannot contact recruits before Wednesday to reassure them that every thing is ok?
Aren't there special rules or exceptions for newly-hired coaches?

Thanks for positing that. I'd imagine our staff is hammering the phones with Owens, Glanton and Brantley then.

I wouldn't think that they would be on the phone with Brantley. They spoke to each other last night, and the staff wished him well. Brantley also stated that he "did not feel right at SU" when he was on his visit. He also likes the fact that Mizzou is gonna be in the SEC now, and that Mizzou produces NFL players. Unless Mizzou get's a different fish to commit, I would think that this one is a done deal.

I wouldn't think that they would be on the phone with Brantley. They spoke to each other last night, and the staff wished him well. Brantley also stated that he "did not feel right at SU" when he was on his visit. He also likes the fact that Mizzou is gonna be in the SEC now, and that Mizzou produces NFL players. Unless Mizzou get's a different fish to commit, I would think that this one is a done deal.

Brantley is going to Mizzou. Done deal.

I don't have any illusions that the decommits will end up signing with Syracuse. I'm just saying, i have no doubt the coaches won't be trying to swing them back. Frankly if our coaches ever give up without a fight then they shouldn't be here.

I think something to consider is that the distance from home might be a dinner table discussion. It didn't seem to me that his Mother and Step Father were all to thrilled that he was going to be so far from home. It's going to be tough for his folks to see him play.

I think something to consider is that the distance from home might be a dinner table discussion. It didn't seem to me that his Mother and Step Father were all to thrilled that he was going to be so far from home. It's going to be tough for his folks to see him play.

I would agree with you here. I am sure his mother went with him to Mizzou(at least I read that some where). And I'm sure they will be in his ear about proximity, but he is also stating that he does have family out by Mizzou. I would have to think that immediate family (mom, dad, siblings) would want him closer to home and that they would trump any other relative.

It is not a quiet period...It is a Dead period now...
The quiet period was yesterday only...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom