Quincy Surgery | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Surgery

????????
I know he was fitted for contact lenses late in the season. Had some vision problems.

So one possibility is lasik surgery.

The other possibility I can think of is surgery related to the groin injury he played with all last season. There were some games where he limped noticeably and you could see he was not jumping well.

If his legs are 100% next year, it will really help him out a lot.

1591149404913.png

Sounds like groin surgery? I thought he was impressive at times last year and that's him playing at less than 100%. Looking forward to seeing him back at full strength
He was coming back from sitting out a year, making the adjustment to the highest level of college basketball, taking college level courses in a language he wasn't very confident using, trying to adjust to a new role primarily playing inside and down low, against players his own size for the first time.

And yes, he played hurt the whole season. And apparently couldn't see well almost all season either.

I think all told, he did a great job of handling all of this. It does give reason to think he may be a lot better this coming season.

If he's eligible for lasik surgery I know the recovery is pretty quick, just gotta use drops a lot for dryness and avoid getting water in your eyes for a few days after it's done.

If he's eligible for lasik surgery I know the recovery is pretty quick, just gotta use drops a lot for dryness and avoid getting water in your eyes for a few days after it's done.
Yes.

According to the article I linked, he had it in early March. Might be a reason his outside shooting was so off.

OttoMets I'm thinking this might be the explanation for what you were observing all year about his seeming lack of athleticism. A groin injury might take away some of that explosiveness we all were expecting.

Hoping he recovers quickly and has a great sophomore season.

OttoMets I'm thinking this might be the explanation for what you were observing all year about his seeming lack of athleticism. A groin injury might take away some of that explosiveness we all were expecting.

Hoping he recovers quickly and has a great sophomore season.
It looked to me as though he had bad days and good days. A few games, he was clearly limping and struggled to jump more than a couple of inches. The kid is a gamer, I will give him that.