Quint's Top 20: Common Sense, Maturity and Discipline | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Common Sense, Maturity and Discipline

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1615812949607.png

4. Syracuse “Head, Heart and Hustle” is looking to fill a scheduling void left by Hofstra this Saturday. They have a television time slot at noon on the ACC Network. Interested parties please reach out to coach John Desko.

Otto rolled Stony Brook on Friday afternoon, 17-9, as freshman Owen Hiltz put on a shooting clinic with four goals. He’s the real deal, not a one-trick pony. The first portion of this game was sloppy. SU had eight first quarter turnovers. Playing 1 p.m. Friday is odd. Brendan Curry, able to dodge and distribute with both hands, chipped in five points. Chase Scanlan scored twice. Stephen Rehfuss and Tucker Dordevic both tallied hat tricks. Drake Porter made 11 saves with only five goals against. Shortstick defenders not named Peter Dearth will get picked on. Off-ball defense continues to lack concentration. Put your phone down and focus.

Agree with the ssdm issue.

Aside from that room for improvement.

1. Scanlon's shooting percentage.
2. Getting Trimboli and Buttermore more shots
3. 2nd line production overall

Agree with the ssdm issue.

Aside from that room for improvement.

1. Scanlon's shooting percentage.
2. Getting Trimboli and Buttermore more shots
3. 2nd line production overall
Not worried about Trimboli, after his success last year I think teams are focusing on him first. As Dordevic and Curry continue to burn defenses, I expect Trimboli's opportunities to increase as defenses shift towards them. In full agreement with your other points.

The real tests come against teams that require excellent defense against all six offensive players. Vermont was an example. All six offensive players were above average, very capable of dodging and shooting. Therefore, I use SU's performance against them as a measure of its current performance. Army had a couple exceptional offensive players, maybe three, and one in a class with the very best in the country, Nichtern. Army's my second measure with the caveat of SU's lack of readiness. UVA did not seem to me to fit the six standard. Aitken was practically useless after his offseason football prep. SB, in my opinion, was at least 2 levels below all these teams. Not a real test of the defense.

UNC and Duke can throw two middie groups and two attack groups that do fit the criteria. I know everyone wants a game this week. Me too, as long as the opponent fits the criteria. Another SB won't help prepare for these two teams. SU happens to fit the criteria which makes its offense a good test for its defense. A good contest that includes consequences good or bad between SU's o and SU's d might be better prep competition. Construct it like a game day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom